WEE!! Got my WT-46807 today!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Leroy, May 24, 2001.

1. Leroy

Leroy Second Unit

Finally broke down and gave in to my desires!!!
    It's been many moons since I have enjoyed a wonderous anamorphic enhanced picture. Got a great deal on it, $2188 w/tax, delivery and setup.
    A question though for other owners of this or similar sets. What format do you watch broadcast/DBS ?
    I've left it at standard and it looks pretty good.
    For Greg in the other post, my living room is about 16x12 and the farthest seating position is about 8' and it looks great.

2. Greg S

Greg S Supporting Actor

Excellent Leroy thats good to hear.
    I am going to try and close the gap just a tad by moving the couch in 6-8" and the TV out 6-8" so that perhaps I can make it around 12 feet instead of 14.
    Enjoy it my friend as I have to wait until tommorrow, NUTS!!!!
    Greg

3. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
  4. Alan Wild

Alan Wild Stunt Coordinator

Almost had mine a week. I personally can't stand the "off" aspect ratios so I tend to watch cable in "Narrow" mode. You get used to the grey bards pretty quickly. I know this runs a burn-in risk, but frankly I can't stand people stretched out. I've used the "stretch" mode for the PS2 (yeah, I know games are bad too) and of course standard for most DVD's.
    Unfortunately, with a higher quality set like this you really begin to notice the distortions and noise in the signal. It's really almost depressing. I don't regret the purchase but now I'm beginning to wonder what I can do to improve the situation.

5. Timmy

Timmy Stunt Coordinator

A friend of mine opted for the 46807; as the Toshiba 40" WS was too small for his arrangement, and the Toshiba 56" was too big.
    After some usage and Avia calibration; his 46807 is a wonderful rptv. He is using a component connected interlaced DVD player, and it still has a drop dead picture. I wonder how much improvement a "real" progressive DVD player would give?

6. Alvin Lau

Alvin Lau Agent

At first, watching cable TV using the stretch modes was kinda funny looking. But after poring through the manual, I settled on the Stretched mode because it doesn't stretch the middle of the picture much, instead stretching the edges of the picture the most. It took about one night but now I can't imagine watching TV normally anymore!
    I had a Sony DVP-S360 connected via component cables, and then upgraded to the new Panasonic DVD-RP91, and to me the difference between progressive-scan and interlaced as night and day. The picture was much smoother and more film-like. The intro combat scene for 'Lost in Space' took my breath away!