What's new

Netflix Wednesday (Addams) - Live Action Series by Tim Burton (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Netflix announced on (appropriately) Wednesday that its platform will release Wednesday, a new eight-episode comedy focusing on the lovably twisted Wednesday Addams. This marks Tim Burton's television directorial debut on an entire series, as he's set to helm all installments.

Al Gough and Miles Millar, the creators of Smallville, spearhead the series as showrunners, and they'll executive produce alongside Burton.

1613623600712.png

"The series is a sleuthing, supernaturally infused mystery charting Wednesday Addams' years as a student at Nevermore Academy," reads an official plot description. "Wednesday attempts to master her emerging psychic ability, thwart a monstrous killing spree that has terrorized the local town, and solve the supernatural mystery that embroiled her parents 25 years ago — all while navigating her new and very tangled relationships at Nevermore." (above from EW.com)

Sounds promising.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Guzmán's smile in that trailer is just like Charles Addams's drawings of Gomez, at least. I like Catherine Zeta Jones's take on Morticia too.

Not sure I buy Wednesday castrating that boy. Usually, she's more of an agent of chaos than an outright villain when she's out in the world. She saves the really violent hijinks for around the house, which is less of a big deal since her family seems largely immune to serious injury. I do like the way Jenna Ortega delivers Wednesday's lines, though. There's a mournful quality that suits the character, since "Wednesday's child is full of woe."

I kind of like the cut stitches around Thing's wrist, too. Like the hand was cut off from the multi-armed Thing that reached out of all of the boxes in the old TV series.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Agreed - I wonder if it’s just not ready or if they felt it wasn’t going to be ready by the time they needed to commit to an October date.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I was under the impression (mistakenly, apparently) that this and The Munsters were debuting close to each other….

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharel
Recent bookmarks