Wedding Crashers - Due 1/3/06

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Patrick Mirza, Sep 19, 2005.

1. Patrick Mirza

Patrick Mirza Supporting Actor

Wedding Crashers hits DVD on January 3, 2006 from New Line Home Entertainment. Available in separate R-rated and longer and wilder "Uncorked" editions. The film will be presented in 2.40:1 anamorphic widescreen with Dolby Digital 5.1 and Stereo Surround tracks.

Bonus materials will include a feature-length commentary from stars Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn, a second track with director David Dobkin, deleted scenes, "A Crash Course in Wedding Crashing" and "Event Planning," featurettes, a "Wedding Crashing" game, The Sights' "Circus" music video, a soundtrack promo and teasers & trailers. The nine-minute longer "Uncorked" Edition also will include the infamous "99 Red Balloons" scene and test audience reaction to specific scenes. Retail will be $28.98

[​IMG]

2. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

Gee, I can't believe there's an unrated version too. Who would have seen that coming? [​IMG]

Looks like a nice disc. I'm sure the commentary from Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn will be pretty good. It'll be the fun type of track where they're there to goof off and just have fun watching the movie.

3. Magnus T

Magnus T Supporting Actor

Come on, New Line. You can do it. Come on. Come here. Give us BOTH versions of Wedding Crashers on the Unrated DVD like Universal did with American Wedding. You can do it. Good boy.

Oh... and remove the champagne bottle and give us the original cover art. Here's a treat for you.

4. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    Cool! One of the funniest films i've seen in a while will get even funnier! [​IMG]

Although, I was hoping that Rachel McAdams would be on the commentary with them, no real reason, just want to hear that sweet voice of hers. :b

5. Mark VH

Mark VH Stunt Coordinator

Wish this had come out in time for Xmas, since I was really hoping to have it on my list.

That said, the disc looks terrific, and the Vaughn/Wilson commentary will hopefully be worth the price of admission alone. I'm truly convinced that the film is some kind of classic - technically a mess, but the funniest film I've seen in the last five or so years. And it's even funnier the second time.

I'm assuming that all the extras will be carried over in both editions (except for the test audience reaction and 99 Red Baloons sequence, whatever that is)? 'Cause I'm also convinced that the film was too long by a good 20 minutes or so, and that a director's cut is probably the wrong way to go on DVD (seriously, who cuts a slapstick romp to 2 hours?). But I'll wait for the reviews before really deciding. Can't wait.

6. Ricard Casselha

Ricard Casselha Stunt Coordinator

Got my copy of the uncorked version today, and lo and behold; it contains both versions of the movie. Let us rejoice.

7. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

I'm hoping my review copy arrives soon. I didn't get the chance to see this in theaters and I can't wait to watch it.

8. Andrew Radke

Andrew Radke Screenwriter

Andrew Radke
    I saw this in theaters and thought it was pretty good. Not bad, not excellent.....but somewhere in between. Personally, I thought "The 40 Year Old Virgin" was a million times funnier, as I saw that the following week. I'd still be interested in checking out the "uncorked" version out of sheer curiosity.

9. Ricard Casselha

Ricard Casselha Stunt Coordinator

There's not much new footage. If you want to see one of the longer new scenes, check out this YTMND:
    http://wcdel.ytmnd.com/

And there's not any more nudity in the uncorked edition. [​IMG]

10. Mark VH

Mark VH Stunt Coordinator

Really

That's excellent news. I was planning on going with the R Rated disc, just because even though I adored the film (thought it was loads funnier than The 40-Year-Old Virgin), it was about 20 minutes or so too long in its original form, so I didn't think I needed the DC. But if both versions are on that disc (and, as the specs state, the deleted scenes are offered separately), then count me in.

Speaking of extras, have you heard the Wilson/Vaughn commentary, Richard? Was really looking forward to it, and just wondered how it is.

11. Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman Producer

Mikey
    I thought this was not nearly as clever or funny as 40 year old virgin.Very paint by numbers!