website that will make a CD of my choice of songs?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Allan, Dec 7, 2004.

1. Allan

Allan Stunt Coordinator

Hi,

Is there a website in which I can list what songs I want, and the site will make me a CD of that compilation (legal)?

Thanks,
    Allan

2. Rachael B

Rachael B Producer

Rachael Bellomy
    ...doubt it! Remember about 15 years ago when the labels said there'd be vending machines to do this? Wake me up when it happens!

3. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    There was one, but I am certain they went out of business a few years ago; most likely due to lack of customers. I think it was actually called "customdisc" or something like that. I know, because I had one made - it was a promotional offer when you bought an album from a particular artist, you were given the ability to order another disc of rare tracks from that artist. You went to their site, listened to clips of the tracks, selected the ones you wanted and paid the shipping. You even had choices of cover art for you disc! Cool idea.

If you want to do custom discs, just get an account somewhere, pull down the MP3s (or other formats) and make your own. It's legal, since you pay for the downloads. I can guarantee you this is why customdisc never caught on.

4. RobBenton

RobBenton Stunt Coordinator

Just buy the songs from itunes and burn them on a compilation disc. totally legal.

5. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

edit: oops...didn't realize it was a real webpage....