What's new

Website for advice on telephone interviews anyone? (1 Viewer)

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
You might check out either Workopolis.com or Monster.com (.ca) for some ideas there.

I don't think there's a whole lot different than a real interview.

Remember, even when the interviewer cannot SEE you, he can still SEE your body language by listening carefully. Be confident when you speak. umms and ahhs are magnified 100X over the phone.

What kind of job are you applying for? Does the company do phone interviews often? If they do, perhaps they have tips on their website in the careers section?

Listen actively. This is always a good suggestion.

Make sure you have a pen. Write out all your questions before hand. Write down some practise answers to questions you think they might ask.

Just some thoughts. Any questions, let me know!

Drew Bethel

Screenwriter
Thanks Paul. I'm applying for an internal position in data security. The HQ is in Mpls and I'm in the UK so phone interviews will have to suffice.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Well, I had it this moring, it wasn't anything really "Tell me about [previous related position]". Then she said they would call be back to schedule the real thing...

--

Holadem

Drew Bethel

Screenwriter
I had one last night with an outside company. I thought I screwed it up but they sent me an email and would like to schedule more interviews! I ain't mad at 'em. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks