What's new

Website and Forums Not Displaying Properly (1 Viewer)

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I am using IE 11 (Windows 10) so I am as up to date as possible on the browser but the entire site is all borked up for me. All the images (buttons etc._ are not displaying and the Tool bar up top no longer works.

I just tried Chrome and it is also messed up. The Front page is ok, but the forums are still messed up.

It started yesterday (4/7/2016) afternoon.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I am using IE 11 (Windows 10) so I am as up to date as possible on the browser but the entire site is all borked up for me. All the images (buttons etc._ are not displaying and the Tool bar up top no longer works.

I just tried Chrome and it is also messed up. The Front page is ok, but the forums are still messed up.

It started yesterday (4/7/2016) afternoon.

We weren't making any changes on the site. I'm using Chrome to type this reply and it seems to be fine for me. Is it back to normal?

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
It doesn't work on my tablet either. Even the reply box doesn't show up. I had to use my phone to post this.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I just made this post on my iPad and I can see everything. I'm using Chrome with Windows 8.1

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
The only thing I can think of is something got corrupted on our CDN where we cache things to speed up site performance. I purged all the data there. It might make things a TINY bit slower for the next 2-3 hours while it rebuilds.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I just changed my DNS from the one automatically assigned by my ISP to the Google DNS and things are working now. I suspect that there is a problem with the DNS service from my ISP.

It is weird that I was getting a lot of Asian characters in place of the icons. I wonder what the deal is with the DNS from my ISP?

Sorry for the false alarm.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Sent a message to Ron Epstein yesterday. (Didn't see this thread). Similar goofy problems started about a week ago, tried FireFox and IE10, different issues, but something was wrong. It only affected HTF. Suddenly this morning, all is fine.

Icons, avatars, formatting, etc. are all working normally again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks