What's new

website access problem (1 Viewer)

GregAK

Agent
I really don't know if this is the right forum for this question, but hopefully there are some computer experts out there who can help me. A while back, for no reason at all, my computer just would not connect to aol.com. It still won't after months. It's not a problem because I can access my mail through my.aol.com and all I use is their mail as a back up account.

Anyway, just 2 days ago amazon.com stopped working. It comes up "We can't find www.amazon.com", but the page asks, "did you intend to go to one of these addresses ... www.amazon.com?" If you click that link it just does the same thing again. I have Windows XP Pro and use Windows Explorer 6 and Time Warner Cable's RoadRunner. Any ideas why this is happening? Now this is a real problem because I actually use amazon all the time. I have a couple of orders pending right now. Help please. Thanks.
Greg

John Watson

Screenwriter
I don't know the answer, but is it just those 2 sites, or are other favorites not accessible?

In the meantime, I hope you have printouts of your orders, and can phone if necessary.

Good luck!

JamesHl

Supporting Actor
Try the ip address of the site you are going to:
207.171.182.16 for amazon.com
64.12.187.22 for aol.com

GregAK

Agent
Right now it is just those two sites that it happens with, but I'm worried it will begin to be more.

I tried the IP addresses and got the same result. I even downloaded Netscape to try a new browser. I get the same end result, but the Netscape message is that the connection was refused.

I did a Google search for "cannot connect to certain websites" and actually found a troubleshooting Q&A where someone seems to have had the same problem. The solution seems somewhat complex and requires me to go to into DOS. I'm kind of worried about doing this. I don't want to mess anything up. I can't believe that in this huge world, there is not more info on this problem and more people haven't experienced it.

Any other recommendations?
Thanks, Greg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks