web programming question

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Andrew Pratt, Jan 12, 2004.

1. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

Guys I've got a results type page that's being generated from a webpage on my server. It first opens a new page then uses writeln to write out a bunch of code to display the results dynamically. This part is working just fine...the problem is when I try to save that results page all I get is two !! and the HTML has them in pre tags? Now here's where it gets strange...if i copy those pages to my hard drive and run the same html code I have no problems saving the results page even though both the local and server pages call the same javascript file (its hard pathed to the server)

2. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Andrew:

Can you send me the link to the page you are talking about and the code that you input? Just send it to me email and I will take a look at it for you.

Parker

3. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

Parker I'll see what I can do...the problem is that the server is private and the first page that starts it all is wrapped up in an application so its not easy to seperate it out. Still I'll have a play with it and see if I can't get something to proxy it on a public site....

Update.
    Ok I've done a mock up that's running on my website...only its working perfectly and does exactly what its supposed too! I'm not generating the first page via writeln's so maybe that's the issue. I'll keep digging and see what I can come up with...