What's new

Web page design help: Display images that rotates to a new image every 5 seconds (1 Viewer)

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I'm trying to update our web page at work.

I need to have an area for an image that will rotate to a new image every 5 seconds or so (without refreshing the page).

I'm using Microsoft Front Page...

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
After doing some more research myself...I think I need to be learning about how to build a animated GIF file (perhaps?)

Or is this waaaay in the wrong direction?

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson
Depending on the size and detail of the individual images, an animated GIF could become quite unwieldy when it comes to file size and load time.

I used this JavaScript for the same application a long time ago, and it worked in every browser I tried. Internet Explorer for Windows allows a nice "crossfade" between each image, whereas the images simply "cut" from one to the next in every other browser (Mac and Windows). It allows you to set the time between image swaps, as well as the length of the crossfade.

The instructions are pretty straightforward. Just make sure all of the individual images have the same width and height.

StephenL

Second Unit
I suggest careful consideration to determine whether changing images are appropriate for a particular web page, unless your objective is to annoy people. :)

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Thanks for the help (and suggestions) everyone.

Jason, I used the info provided in the link you provided. Worked like a charm...

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks