What's new

Web hosting (1 Viewer)

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I need to find a new web host. I don't want to pay more than $8/month for a plan that includes multiple domains and sub domains. Bluehost and Lunarpages both fit the bill. Is anyone here using either of them and willing to share their thoughts?

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
Not using either currently, but I did have a site hosted on Bluehost for about 5 months last year.

They were too slow to respond to help requests. I only sent 2, but neither received a reply in less than 3 days. I don't know if it's still the same, but when I used them, their tech support was not open 24/7, not open on weekends, not knowledgeable and again, slow...even during the week they were slow. I think if you go to webhostingtalk you'll find they get very mixed reviews.

Don't know a thing about lunarpages other than they're a budget host and a pretty big one at that...Be careful with big budget hosts. Their service usually starts out strong and fades away as they grow too big.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Many on www.webhostingtalk.com always recommend Lunarpages. After setting up my brother's web page and seeing how reliable it is over time I now recommend it to all my clients (I'm a freelance web designer).

No problems yet.

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
I use SurpassHosting And have been very happy with them. Im not sure what your looking of ras far as servers go but the are very reliable.

DO NOT USE INFLUXHOST. THEY ARE CRAP.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks