What's new

Web hosting and page creation? (1 Viewer)

Jon Gum

Stunt Coordinator
After I finish hanging some posters this weekend, the home theater is officially finished. I am anxious to share my experience so that others can learn and comment, but where do I learn about web hosting and how to create a web page?

Some of the sites you guys have put together are amazing - I doubt if I could ever get to that point, but I would like something to throw out there on the web. As I have never created a web page, simple would be better.

Any guidence appreciated. Thanks,

Jon

MikeWh

Second Unit
My first suggestion is to see if you have a personal webspace through your ISP (assuming you have an ISP... and you are accessing the Internet from home). Many people don't realize that their ISP includes this as part of their standard account package. For example, my earthlink account allows 10MB of storage space and 1GB of monthly bandwidth to the site.

Free hosting is also available, but I would suggest looking to your own ISP first, as the free hosting is typically overloaded with annoying popups and advertising (whaddaya want for free!?!?). If you don't know if your ISP offers a personal webspace, please feel free to PM me or send me an email. I can help you figure that out.

Next step is site development.... there are many tools available. Again, ISPs that offer a personal webspace often offer free development tools. If you use Netscape, it comes with Composer. MS offers FrontPage. MANY other tools abound.

Also, if you're just interested in posting some pics, some people prefer photo hosting... like Webshots.

BTW, my webpage is no-frills right now, because I was only interested in posting some minimal info about my HT. I've been planning a "real" site for months, but I'm currently redesigning the HT, which is a priority. ;)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Try searching in the Computers and HTPC forum. This question is asked occaisionally and you might find the answers to your questions there. :)

MikeWh

Second Unit

attilakhan

Auditioning
Real Name
Alex Vikki
Today I just found this COOL & Powerful web host as good as Godaddy but FREE with:

By the way,It's Free Forever, not Free Trial! of course, you can upgrade your service to meet high requirements! but no need for most situations!

"Free" doesn't mean "Bad", actally I have been using free webhost with satisfication for over 1 year!
It meets all my requirement for a website which has upto 1000 leads ,50000 pageview daily.

click to see:

http://i-search-you.com/reviews/freewebhost1.html

- 1500 MB of Disk Space
- 100 GB Bandwidth
- Your own domain hosting
- cPanel Control panel
- Website Builder
- Over 500 website templates ready for download
- Free POP3 Email Box and Webmail access
- FTP and Web based File Manager
- PHP, MySQL, Perl, CGI, Ruby.
- No Ads at all !

http://i-search-you.com/reviews/freewebhost1.html

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks