What's new

web cam problems please help (1 Viewer)

wilfred_chan

Auditioning
hello all the problem im having is my generic webcam its an emprex pcd 1500 this cam was working fine before till i downloaded the new ati catalyst 4.9 which requiered the frame work asp.net, i installed and reinstalled the cams driver and still nothing then i tried logging in on yahoo messenger to check if it would work thru chat i went to preferences video source and i saw this can sum1 tell me what this is? then i went to camera settings and i saw my ati tv tuner as a capture source then camaestro as the second one so i chose the camaestro but still the samething its all dark then i choose my ati tv tuner the tv image on the cam is lagging the video frame skips im wondering if any1 out there who would be kindly enough to help me out with this problem, by the way the last resolution i came up with is to reformat which i really dont wanna do since i have to call up again to reactive my windows xp.
an advance thanks to all who would reply

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter
I think you were trying to say your cam isn't working because of your new video card software (you do realise that entire paragraph was one sentence, right?)

Not too sure it would help, but I would suggest getting a Logitech cam, as they are the easiest to set up and have working in no time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks