What's new

Weather Modifcation Net: Star Trek Science question.. (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Here's something. What's the chance we can create a modification net that the Star Trek world has? Not something advanced enough that it could stop Hurricanes and Tornadoes in their tracks, but something simplistic that we can create rain when needed, or create sunshine and clear blue skies for the entire summer?

The Month of May in NJ was basically a washout, with only one day barley reaching 80 degrees. Last year was my perfect summer senario with 90 degree days for half the summer months.

And now that forcast looks the same for June as well, with most of the week being a washout.. If only this rain would come during the night, I wouldn't mind as much, but a weather creation system would help perfectly :). Any Nasa people here working on the project :)?

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
The energies stored and released in weather systems are absolutely enormous. I doubt that we'll be able to control it to any degree any time soon.

Maybe containment is the answer. Anyone heard of Trantor? (As if I needed to ask...)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I've been totally digging the weather.

Move to Arizona or Texas or somewhere, that'll give you the heat you crave

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
I worked on a next generation weather sat proposal and still keep in contact with one person in the weather science dept.
ill see if anything is even close that isnt a black (as in black hole) project.
Weather data affects DoD big time, they tend to classify things so the general public cant find out

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks