What's new

weather in Tampa area (1 Viewer)

mylan

Screenwriter
My wife and I are planning a trip to Tampa/Clearwater and are trying to figure out the water temps in the gulf and pools. Anyone can look at the temps and forecasts to see that daytime temps are still reasonabily warm but I do know that low temps have been in the high 50's some nights. We had a very short swim season here in Georgia and really wanted to be able to swim one last time before fall set in. Anyone live there or who have just been have any input? Thanks!

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
It hasn't gotten into the 50s yet (I wish), still 60s for lows.

The current weather would be considered summer most places- highs mid-upper 80s, lows mid-upper 60s. Weather should be fine for swimming for several weeks.

Some places do have heated pools. There really is no off-season.

mylan

Screenwriter
Thanks, where are you located? I did see weather.com list two nights at 57-58 degrees at night. That will drop the pool temps quicker than mild days. The hotel we're staying at does not have a heated pool but does have a jucuzzi. Also a forecast of thundershowers on Monday may kill it for us because we are only planning on staying two and a half days, Monday being the last full day.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
St Pete. It hasn't been in the 50s here since spring. Plus the lows don't occur til the middle of the night. It will be in the 70s past midnight.

mylan

Screenwriter
Exellent! Now if the rain will hold off, Sunday is supposed to mostly cloudy and Monday is scattered showers :angry:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks