What's new

Weather Channel has changed the Local on the 8's look (1 Viewer)

DouglasRobert

Second Unit
Just tuned to the Weather Channel and noticed that they have changed the Local on the 8's.

New graphics, which now is larger and easier to read from a distance.

The big difference is that they now tell you the forcast with a voice over. Which is nice for people with sight problems or for people who are busy and can't watch the TV to see the updates but can now hear it.

I like the change.

Just thought I'd inform those who may care.

Shea

Stunt Coordinator
I think they've had that for years and years...But it seems like they change it gradually market by market. I live in a mid-sized city and it was done years ago, and if I check out the Weather Channel when traveling and at a hotel, sometimes it's the new version sometimes it's the old version, and sometimes it seems like it's in bigger cities so it's pretty random.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I think it's up to individual cable companies to purchase whatever sort of interface they want to present the local information. I'm not sure TWC network has anything to do with it at all.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
That's correct. If you have it on satellite, there's no local forecast. During the "Local on the 8's," it just provides brief forecasts for major cities.

Dave Jessup

Stunt Coordinator
Rochester has had the voiceovers for a while, and the graphics are the same as for the past... year or so?

Five sunny days in a row this week, for the first time all summer. Can we take it?
:)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
It's my first week here, and I've had nothing but these comments.;) It's been very beautiful, but in away it's kind of forboding.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks