Wearing a suit on an airplane...

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Scott_lb, Jul 29, 2003.

1. Scott_lb

Scott_lb Supporting Actor

Despite the many times I have worn a suit, I have yet to wear one on an airplane. On Friday I will be on a flight from Milwaukee to Los Angeles and will likely be wearing a nice suit as I will be heading to the airport shortly after a meeting. If I recall correctly, there is some "closet space" to hang things such as suit jackets in between the first class section and the cockpit. Can anyone confirm this? If it matters, my flight is on ATA Airlines. I apologize for my ignorance on a matter that may seem trivial to some.

2. Brian Perry

Brian Perry Cinematographer

Yes, there is usually a compartment near the front of the airplane that is used for garment bags.

3. Seth_L

Seth_L Screenwriter

ATA... forget about it... They are my all time least favorite airline, and I will never fly them again, but YMMV.

Usually (on the other airlines I will fly), unless you're sitting in first class, you don't get to hang up your coat there. Sometimes they'll let you if you ask. Most people take their coat off, fold it and set it on top of their carry on or something in the overhead compartment.

4. Scott_lb

Scott_lb Supporting Actor

Thanks for replies. I also don't like ATA, however, this flight was very well priced and price was indeed an issue in this case. I suppose I could put my jacket in the overhead compartment, but I just don't want it to get all wrinkled and crammed in with other people's stuff.

5. Seth_L

Seth_L Screenwriter

Put it in last, that way it's not crushed. [​IMG]

6. Chris Lockwood

Chris Lockwood Producer

> unless you're sitting in first class, you don't get to hang up your coat there

Since when?

7. Kevin T

Kevin T Screenwriter

just wear your suit throughout the entire plane flight. if somebody asks, tell them that you always wear a suit on plane so just in case you crash, you'll make a well dressed corpse. [​IMG]

kevin t

8. Seth_L

Seth_L Screenwriter