What's new

we need suppliers of Linkwitz Transform Kits! (1 Viewer)

A

Anthony_Gomez

with all the HE drivers out there with possibilities of LT's, we need some LT kits
The Marchand Bassis is one option, but damn they are expensive!
for those who are dangerous with a soldering iron, perhaps even assembled LT units!:)
Anyone want to put together some LT kits with power suppleis?:)

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
I'm seriously thinking about purchasing a few of the LT circuit boards from ESP. The coolest thing about them is that he allows for up to 3 resistors in series to get as close to the exact value that the LT spreadsheet spits out.

Ellen Tunstall, a fellow HTF member and friend of mine just purchased one of the 4th order L/R crossover boards from them and said it arrived very quickly.

Brian

A

Anthony_Gomez

Brian...perhaps we can get a group purchase going on this thing! Everything you need except the LT specific values. (ie common LT parts, power supply parts, PCB's (I hate bread board styles, and a sort of chassis).
How does that sound to you?
I am sure John can arrange something for everything if we get PCB's shipped to him, and then we ship the PCB's and remainder stuff from him (hope I am notpushing him into something he wouldn't want to do :) )
Just a thought

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Anthony,

Well, I guess it's a matter of getting the PCB's from Rod Elliot and then shipping them to John if he's willing to put together a kit. John already has power supplies for his crossovers and I assume they'd probably be fine for our purposes too.

The real issue would be each individual would possibly need different resistor and capacitor values depending on the LT circuit each would want. I guess you could merely tell him what those values need to be and he could send you the appropriate materials.

Maybe it would be a better idea to get a group purchase up for the Marchand Bassis kit. IIRC, Thomas said that one of the resistor or cap values needed to be changed for really low Fc values. And I also remember something about possibly getting a single channel kit since most folks only need a single channel for sub use. It might be more expensive but the parts would definitely be first class and there'd be greater flexibility.

Brian

A

Anthony_Gomez

I see your point. And the Marchand does have a possibility.

How about a third option....a group buy of PCB's from Rod? Each person would need a LT PCB and a Powersupply PCB.

Do you think there would be an interest for a group purchase on those PCB's?

Let me send out an email to both Rod and Marchand to see what I can come up with.

Whay type of #'s do you think we can get on the group purchase?

Users who are viewing this thread