What's new

We need pop up blocker for TV.. (1 Viewer)

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
I don't think the public can help with this. We had a thread on the bugs a while back and I read that if we call the stations and complain, we will be told that viewers want to know what channel they are watching.

Of course, this is all a crock because they are not on when the commercials are, which defeats the entire purpose, because the commercial time is almost as long as the program time, so we're a little stuck, don't you think?

Glenn

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
>>Of course, this is all a crock because they are not on when the commercials are, which defeats the entire purpose, because the commercial time is almost as long as the program time, so we're a little stuck, don't you think?
>>

I'd find it more helpfull if they where on, DURING the commercials, as you can notice most networks right away by exclusive shows. Besides, the Commercials arn't exclusive to one station, like shows are, so why not put the logo on during the commercials? I'd be more scared of ticking off the show creator with an annoying logo than a commercial creator..

John Watson

Screenwriter
HTF should start a lobby - get people to stop watching TV, watch DVD, and starve the TV execs and advertising business into submission :D

Seriously, I wonder if the young people care? They are so ad-saturated that they wear logos on their clothes and talk in ad cliches

Richard Paul

Stunt Coordinator
What troubles me the most is that the broadcast industry seems to have declared war on DVRs to prevent people from skipping commercials. This includes coercing DVR manafacturers to remove 30-second skip buttons and DirecTVs future plans for DirecTivo that are in this article. The most interesting information from the article is posted in the below quote.

Though I believe the time limits are only for PPV it seems to me that the broadcast industry will be trying their best to either destroy or cripple all future DVRs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks