What's new

We need Gummi Bears on DVD... (1 Viewer)

david_slater

Stunt Coordinator
i cant beleave no one has asked about Gummi Bears.
everyone in my family use to watch that show.
i wish they release this in Season sets. :D

they will more then likey have to release them in mix Season box sets like this...

Season 1
01. A New Beginning
02. A Gummi In A Gilded Cage
03. Sweet And Sour Gruffi / Little Bears Lost
04. A Recipe For Trouble / Gummi in a Strange Land
05. A Gummi A Day Keeps The Doctor Away/Duel Of The Wizards
06. Do Unto Ogres/Loopy, Go Home
07. Wings Over Dunwyn
08. Never Give A Gummi An Even Break/The Sinister Sculptor
09. A Gummi By Any Other Name
10. The Secret Of The Juice
11. Night Of The Gargoyle/Can I Keep Him
12. The Oracle/Someday My Prints Will Come
13. Toadie's Wild Ride/The Fence Sitter
14. Zummi Makes It Hot/My Kingdom For A Pie
15. Light Makes Right
================================================== ==========

Season 2
16. For A Few Sovereigns / Over The River And Through The Trolls
17. If I Were You / Faster Than A Speeding Tummi
18. Up, Up, And Away
19. The Crimson Avenger
20. My Gummi Lies Over The Ocean
21. Color Me Gummi / Gummi Dearest
22. You Snooze, You Lose / Good Neighbor Gummi
23. Bubble Trouble / Close Encounters Of A Gummi Kind
24. For Whom The Spell Holds

Season 3
25. A Hard Dazed Knight / Mirthy Me
26. The Knight's Of Gummidoon
27. Just A Tad Smarter / Too Many Cooks
28. Gummi's Just Want To Have Fun / Eye Of The Beholder
29. Day Of Beevilweevils

Season 4
30. Gummi's At Sea
31. Girl's Knight Out / Guess Who's Gumming To Dinner
32. Music Hath Charms / A Tree Grows In Dunwyn
33. The Crimson Avenger Strikes Again / There's No Place Like Home
34. Zummi In Slumberland / Tummi's Last Stand
35. Ogre Baby Boom / Water Way To Go
36. He Who Laugh's Last
37. Dress For Success / Presto Gummo
38. Top Gum
39. A Knight To Remember / Snows Your Old Man
40. Friar Tum / The White Knight
41. The Magnificent Seven Gummies

Season 5
42. Ogre For A Day
43. Princess Problems / Boggling The Bears
44. The Road To Ursalia
45. What You See Is Me / Bridge On The River Gummi
46. A Gummi Is A Gummi's Best Friend / When You Wish Upon A Stone
47. Return To Ursalia
48. Life Of The Party / The World According To Gusto
49. Let Sleeping Giants Lie / A-Hunting We Will Go
50. Beg, Burrow And Steal

Season 6
51. A Gummi's Work Is Never Done
52. Tuxford's Turnaround
53. Thornberry To The Rescue
54. True Gritty
55. Patchwork Gummi
56. Trading Faces
57. May The Best Princess Win
58. The Rite Stuff
59. Toadie The Conqueror
60. Once More The Crimson Avenger
61. Tummi Trouble
62. Rocking Chair Bear
63. Queen of The Carpies
64. King Igthorn (1)
65. King Igthorn (2)

Rob T

Screenwriter
There are a few Disney cartoons that I want season sets of. Gummi Bears is definitely one of them. :emoji_thumbsup:

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I'm sure everyone would buy season sets of the original Disney afternoon line-up, hopefully the upcoming release of Gargoyle's will spark studio interest based on the sales numbers...

RomanSohor

Second Unit
I, personally, would rather see DuckTales... and if not all of DuckTales, than at least the Movie (in it's OAR - please!)

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
I'm not sure we "need" these in the sense that we need world peace or oxygen, but I'd certainly enjoy seeing this show on DVD. Actually, there are quite a few of those "old" Disney cartoons that have fan bases and could be released. I myself would love to see Tale Spin on DVD. Really fun show. Next Walt Disney Treasures set, perhaps? Maybe not.

Kudos on your efforts in listing all the episodes, David.

ChrisRose

Stunt Coordinator
Warning: Rant Ahead

I'd buy Gummi Bears. And Ducktales. And Darkwing Duck. But I'm not interested in Gargoyles...so of course that's the one Disney's releasing. :P

I keep hearing that we all *have* to buy Gargoyles if we want to see the rest of the Disney Afternoon on DVD, and it pisses me off. "If you wanna see *this* superior show on DVD, you've gotta buy *this* crappy one first!" I can (sorta) understand basing their decision to release the next season of a show, on how well the previous season sold. But lumping *different* shows together like that? Holding some hostage unless we pay a "ransom" for others?

It seems to happen a lot... like when word got out that people had to buy Lost in Space if they wanted to have any chance in hell of seeing other old sci-fi series make it to DVD. It's not fair. Pressuring us to buy things we don't really want. Bleh.

MaraKM

Stunt Coordinator
I would love to see Gummi Bears get released on dvd. That show was such a guilty pleasure--I think it was my last Saturday-morning cartoon obsession, before I got too old for them (or they got too young for me). And that awful title; I can still picture the look of exasperated contempt/concern that my parents gave me when they'd ask me what on earth I was watching and I had to tell them it was 'The Adventures of the Gummi Bears'.

Hee. I hope it comes out on dvd, and I can get that look from them (or the cashier) again.

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

I always wondered why all the animals started wearing clothes and flying planes after The Jungle Book.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Chris, Gargoyles was easily of the highest quality most mature intelligent and adult-themed cartoon series Disney ever produced to date and with an entirely more convenient release potential in comparisson to some of the other series which spanned 3-7 seasons, it would seem like an obvious choice for Disney to test the waters. Given license to the many great animated series that they hold, Gargoyles is also a great assessment on whether or not other other shows would prove prosperous given that it broadcast in the mid-90's following a handfull of shows that essentially established the Disney afternoon line-up and developed their televised animated properties paving the way for other such ventures. If Gargoyles was to sell in high numbers, that would show Disney that there is viability in similair properties such as X-Men and the likes, while also confirming that their is public interest in marketing older series so given this - the pinnacle shows which paved and defined what was to be known as the Disney animated series would obviously be successfull and viable as well. If there is public and consumer interest in 10-year old television cartoons, there must be benefit in the popular and paramount series such as DuckTales, etc. It's obvious the Spongebob pajama-wearing youth of today are not the prime demographic for sales of such properties, so by releasing a series like Gargoyles and targeting an older and more mature audience - such interest would prove valid to the company that the 20 to 25 year olds of today's generation would be interested in re-living and experiencing these older shows, whereas a series like Goof Troop might be less of an efficient demonstration. It would again be a hell of a lot easier to than turn around a determine a release pattern for such long-running series like DuckTales, etc. as opposed to releasing either a sample of episodes compilation style which would than force customers to go back and re-invest in another release variant down the line rendering such a disc impractical and upsetting many consumers... or risking an entire season and isolating supporters by not offering confidence that more would follow. Plus Gargoyles was a kickass show and you should at least rent this and give it a chance if you have any interest in inteligent and well written animated series along the lines of Batman: TAS, etc. Check it out, you'll be pleasantly surprised...

ChrisRose

Stunt Coordinator
Marco - But what if I'm not interested in Batman either? ;)

I'm in that 20-25 age group, and I certainly enjoy intelligently written shows. But I'm not into the cartoons you might call "dark" and "adult". Probably the most adult cartoon I've enjoyed is Daria (which was extremely intelligent - *too* smart for stupid old MTV to want to give it the proper DVD treatment, alas)

Anyway, I think Disney chose Gargoyles because, of all the Disney Afternoon shows, that one's most similar to Batman: TAS and other darker, superhero-type cartoons that are popular right now. So it's a safe bet that Gargoyles DVDs will sell. And Disney's all about playing it safe these days.

Maybe if Disney/Eisner decides it's time for an inferior remake (Gummi Bears: Bouncing Back!) - and it's a big hit ... maaaaaybe then they'll consider releasing the original series. :P

RomanSohor

Second Unit
I saw on UltimateDisney.com that Australia is getting the DuckTales movie this summer, maybe that bodes well for us too.

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
Does anyone know why Gummi Bears isn't on anywhere, even on ToonDisney anymore? Does Disney still own the rights to it?

Paul

CaseyL

Supporting Actor
I would vote for Ducktales and Darkwing Duck before Gummi Bears, but they would be third on the list

EricCr

Stunt Coordinator
Gummi Bears and Ducktales would be easy purchases. I just wish studios would not tie the fate of one show to another. I watched both GB and DT from the start but never got into Gargoyles and have no interest in it, never much cared for Batman:TAS either. Fox is doing a similar thing with Space:AB saying that its fate is at least possibly tied to sales of Harsh Realm and Millennium. I bought both of those but I bet lots of Space fans did not. Trying to tie something together just because it is Sci-Fi or was part of the Disney afternoon lineup really does not work. I had shows that I watched on Disney afternoon and others I did not, them being on during the same time block really made no difference. I hope that the fact that other classics like Transformers have sold well might make Disney consider at least trying a set to see what happens. Happy childhood memories sure seem to crack open wallets pretty well.

Rob T

Screenwriter

I know I sure didn't, but I would love to have Space: Above & Beyond.

However, I also want Ducktales, Gummi Bears, Darkwing Duck, Gargoyles, Batman: TAS and Superman: TAS.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks