We need a special edition of the movie Big.

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Don_Limey, Dec 20, 2004.

1. Don_Limey

Don_Limey Stunt Coordinator

I watched this movie last night which I haven't seen in almost 15 years & it is still a great movie, in fact one of his best early films & one of his best of his career. But the version I watched is a barebones edition with only trailer & cast list. I was reading on other forums of a alternate ending where Elizabeth Perkins character Susan makes a wish & turns back into a kid & goes back with Josh. That would be cool to see & also some deleted scenes with of course commentaries & documentaries. But hopefully Fox will release one in the near future as I have no plans of buying the current version.

2. Aaron Gould

Aaron Gould Stunt Coordinator

Aaron Gould
  3. Don_Limey

Don_Limey Stunt Coordinator

My bad, I didn't see it, I did a search & it didn't come up correctly on my end but I take it Aaron that you are a big fan of this movie like myself. Cool

4. Aaron Gould

Aaron Gould Stunt Coordinator

Aaron Gould
    No worries, the title "Big" doesn't exactly bode well for searching. I tried myself when I started that thread.

Yes, it's one of my top 5 movies ever. A few things about it make me wax nostalgic. When I first saw it 15 years back, so much of it appealed to me as a 13 year old. Amusement parks, toy stores (Lego, laser tag, and the big keyboard on the floor), the computer game, and the big city. All things I enjoyed greatly. And at my 13 years of age, Josh getting his first "feel" was particularly interesting. :b

To this day I still think it'd be cool to live in that loft corner apartment, and have a cushy dream job at a toy company.

At 28 years now, I still occasionally feel like pulling the Lego collection out of storage. I still play lots of video/computer games. And I get all giddy when I walk into Toys R Us! I guess I'm just a big kid inside.

I could go on, but my adult non-toy-store day job requires some attention! [​IMG]

Come on Fox, please give us a special edition anamorphic relase of this movie!

5. ZackR

ZackR Supporting Actor

This would be a release day purchase for me. I own the current disc, but would buy an anamorphic SE in a heartbeat. This is an excellent little comedy that is an all-time favorite on mine. [​IMG] In fact, I think I will watch it this week!

6. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

And let's get the "She's the company Welcome Wagon" line back in the movie!

7. Matt Butler

Matt Butler Screenwriter

Didnt they release it with a Jennifer Gardner commentary already? [​IMG]

Sorry if anyone thinks I thread farted but it was too easy.

8. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    I'd buy it, I love this film! An early glimpse at Tom Hanks as a dramatic actor. Of all the dad-and-son-swap-bodies movies of that era (the same year!?) this was no contest the best of them.

Although, Jennifer Garner is hot, so of course I automatically love her in 13 Going on 30. [​IMG] She's just as convincing at playing a kid as Tom is IMO.