What's new

We need a new Lawnmower Man release with the Director (1 Viewer)

Sorry about the title...

We need the Director's Cut of the Lawnmower Man on DVD.
It is so much better than the version we have on DVD now. It is just the deleted scenes on the current DVD put back in the movie.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
EDIT: Damn, he edited his post and now my joke isn't funny.

I hear this disc has a subpar transfer (so therefore I haven't picked it uo), so I too would support a rerelease :)

Frank@N

Screenwriter
Someone should do some research...

Has a movie (like LM) which was sold for $5 at Wal-Mart ever been reissued/remastered?

This kind of dumping might speak volumes about a film's appeal or perceived reputation.

No offense, I've bought alot of decent movies out of the $5 bin, but you have to wonder.

Well, I've seen some of the bargain bin titles reissued as Superbits. (I have the original Johnny Mnemonic I got from the bargain bin, but never upgraded to the superbit.)
If I think of any more, I'll let you know.

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
But wasn't the Mnemonic superbit out prior to it hitting the cheap bins?
Anyway, I dodn't really like LM, but couldn't help myself from entering the thread.....
Sorry...:b

Frank@N

Screenwriter

Bought that for $5 too, should check it out some time.

Anyway, that is one example.

Tim_Prasuhn

Stunt Coordinator
I'd buy a re-released Director's Cut dvd. I've had the DC on tape for years now, and would gladly upgrade. It's truely a good B movie in the longer form. I've only seen the theatrical cut once, and it was a disgusting experience, as I had only seen the DC prior to that. VERY choppy and rendered fairly dull by a lack of narrative cohesion. I couldnt help but play the "where did that scene I remember go?" game, much to the annoyance of my friends.

I'll admit, its not a classic film, but it's a fun ride, and the DC of it is the way it should be seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks