We need a car audio forum

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Van Patton, Mar 30, 2002.

1. Van Patton

Van Patton Second Unit

Since we have every other type of forum here let's have a car audio forum. I am sure many people would enjoy it. We could give good advice and other tips to members. Just a suggestion.

2. Scott L

Scott L Producer

This thread might be better in the Suggestions/feedback forum.

Other than that I whole-heartedly agree! I'd love to see some pics of some members' car setups and show some of my own. Also tips, custom designs, parts, etc...

I think a seperate forum would be perfect for that.

3. DonnyD

DonnyD Screenwriter

I wish to post a positive towards a car audio forum. I feel that there are lots of members here who have great systems and may feel, as I do, that their car audio has enhanced their HT system or vice versa.....

Sure, there's several pretty good car audio forums online but it gets hard to glean good info from them.

4. DavidY

DavidY Supporting Actor

I, too, would like to see a Car Audio Forum. I had recently posted a thread about car audio....only got a few responses here at HTF....got a whole bunch more at DVD Talk. My thread probably got lost through all the posts at After Hours.

Dave

5. Jeffrey Noel

Jeffrey Noel Screenwriter

I definitely agree on a Car Audio forum. I think it would be a very informative extra forum for all of us.

6. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

7. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

8. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Patrick, I think that site will work. A dedicated site like that should prove to be a useful forum for people who would otherwise post a question here. I'm not discouraging people from posting car audio questions in the After Hours Lounge, but they might get more helpful responses on a dedicated board.

9. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

10. Tim Kilbride

Tim Kilbride Stunt Coordinator

Vince,

Tim K. here...you stated a few post up...

What's more-- a car audio area doesn't really fit under the scope of the HTF

I know a few guys in my circle who have systems in their cars that would put a "large" group of people who suscribe here to shame...the HTF world is slowly evolving into the car. If this forum does not want to be left behind, it should listen to its membership (no matter how small the minority may be). Just on or two headings would probably suffice...

Just my .02

Tim Kilbride

PS if you are ever in NOLA, ring me, I will show you what 5.1 sounds like @ 70mph...you won't believe it until you see (or hear) it!!!!

11. Adil M

Adil M Supporting Actor

Well, when I just wanted a quick brush-up on car-audio and posted in the receivers section and got plenty of replies. I'd rather hear from people on this forum, b/c I have spent some time here already/have a good feel for the people. In the future though a car audio forum should be considered due to the HT integration into the car audio world or just the plain merging of the two.

12. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

I think we'll be taking a "wait-n-see" attitude on whether HT-on-wheels is something that is going to take off in the near future. I prefer people in cars to be minding the road, not a DVD. [​IMG]

13. Tim Kilbride

Tim Kilbride Stunt Coordinator

Patrick,

I can't agree with you more...at least video wise...it upsets me to no end when I see someone going down the road with an LCD on. In this state it is illegal to have a video screen on in the front seat while the car is in motion. I really can't understand why the local troopers do not enforce this. It's pretty obvious who has LCD monitors on when they drive. As for audio, I have a massaged system in my expy and I cannot live without it. I have an office two hours from my home office and good music, cranked just makes the trip a little more bearable...

Thanks

Tim

14. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    This is something that I will discuss with Ron. Since we have already divided the forum up quite a bit in the last couple of months adding another area is not something that we give much thought to. I do agree though that car audio has really changed in the past couple of years with the advent of 5.1 surround, etc. and this might be an area that gets a lot of attention. Enough attention to warrant a forum area of its own.

Parker