We have more Magnum P.I. But where's Simon & Simon??

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Dan*T, Dec 26, 2004.

1. Dan*T

Dan*T Supporting Actor

Well, we have a slew of announcements from Universal, according to our friends at Tvshowsondvd.com. Magnum P.I. season two has been confirmed. However, I was really hoping that the 2nd release of Magnum would tie in with Simon & Simon season one...what happened???

2. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Sorry, Dan, but other than the bonus episodes on MPI - S1, I have heard absolutely zero about S&S on DVD.

3. Matt Butler

Matt Butler Screenwriter

YEAH!! More Magnum! [​IMG]

BOO! No Simon and Simon. [​IMG]

Thanks David for your wonderful work on the site.

4. John McM

John McM Second Unit

I agree, releasing season 1 of S&S alongside season 2 of Magnum would've been perfect since the seasons correspond.

5. Jarrod Hines

Jarrod Hines Stunt Coordinator

I watched the crossover eps last night, and I'd probably buy the set if and when it is released.

6. BridgetJZ

BridgetJZ Second Unit

Got my dad the Magnum P.I. season 1 DVD for Christmas and I haven't seen him leave the tv since. A big hit!

7. Rob FM

Rob FM Second Unit

R
    Wow, flashback on the Simon & Simon talk!

I remember one of them had a HUGE Dodge truck (red?) with a railroad tie for a front bumper?

Good stuff, my dad LOVED watching this show when originally aired.. and I usually ended up hanging out with him and trying to keep up with the "big-boy" plot.

I'd buy this today, if it was availble.
    How many seasons did it last?

..guess I should go check on David's site before I ask a question, huh? :b

8. Dan*T

Dan*T Supporting Actor

It was on for eight seasons.
    And I would buy every one of them!!

Are you listening Universal??

9. Dan*T

Dan*T Supporting Actor

Has there been any progress in getting this show to DVD in the near future? Universal is on a great role with all the classic TV releases. I hope they don't overlook this one.[​IMG]

10. Valerie G.

Valerie G. Stunt Coordinator

Just wanted to bump this thread up to see if there is any news or rumors about Simon & Simon? I haven't heard anything from TvShowsOnDVD about it, but I was thinking about the show tonight, so I thought I'd revive this thread....

I'd sure like to see it come out this year, and I know alot of other people would, too.

[​IMG]

11. Pavan_P

Pavan_P Second Unit

It is for sure coming. It's been talked about on their 80s flashback featurette. My guess is this summer?

12. Dan*T

Dan*T Supporting Actor

Which '80's flashback was that??
    I still cannot believe that we haven't heard anything about this yet. Maybe now that Knight Rider & A Team is done, they will have time to work on other stuff like Simon & Simon.
    Maybe Gord or Dave could do some digging for us??

[​IMG]

13. Pavan_P

Pavan_P Second Unit

The 80s flashback featurette that is on the Gimme a Break and Charles in Charge DVDs. It shows all shows either out (A-Team, Knight Rider, etc) or coming soon (Kate & Allie, Simon & Simon) to DVD from Universal.
    Knight Rider will be done by April (S4 was its last). A-Team still has S5 to go. My guess is the next "wave" of A-T, Magnum (both S5s), will have Simon & Simon S1 instead of KR.

14. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

I asked Universal about it on Friday, and they said nothing has been locked down.

It's a positive sign that the 80s flashback mentions it (though it says it's already out now). Keep in mind Universal has moved rumored titles numerous times, even after advertising they're coming. I think there are positive signs, but we've been burned by Universal in the past. Pavan, isn't that the same featurette that said Kate & Allie would be seasons 1 AND 2?

Gord

15. Pavan_P

Pavan_P Second Unit

The '80s flashback featurette doesn't mention I think Kate & Allie Seasons 1 AND 2, only the trailer (as seen on KR S3, CiC S1, and GaB S1) does. In the end credits of the 80s flashback it lists all the 80s shows that are out or are coming. I hope this featurette isn't as old as the trailers lol.

16. Dan*T

Dan*T Supporting Actor

Thanks for looking into it guys. I guess some positive news is better than no news!!

I just hope that Simon & Simon sells as well as Magnum, because eight seasons is a long run, and it would really suck to only get one or two seasons, then have them drop it.
    By the way, does that '80's featurette show any indication of The Incredible Hulk season sets? Other than S&S, it is the only remaining Universal title I have been waiting for.

17. Jay_B!

Jay_B! Screenwriter

no Hulk in the featurette but maybe Universal considers it a 70's show. I mean, Quantum Leap was more 90's than 80's to me yet it's on the said featurette because it started in 1989

18. Pavan_P

Pavan_P Second Unit

Speaking of Simon & Simon, see the SitcomsOnline.com blog tomorrow for some news on the show (no, not DVD news, but some good news!).

19. Dan*T

Dan*T Supporting Actor

I hope you aren't going to tell me that it is going to be on a channel only avaliable in the U.S.!!
    Sometimes, it sucks being a Canadian!!

20. Jay_B!

Jay_B! Screenwriter

actually, Simon And Simon is currently airing in the US on "Sleuth"