What's new

We Have Gotten Spoiled (1 Viewer)

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Wish I had had access to those two networks, but sadly, I don't. I have syndicated recordings of most episodes of both series at least, but not a ton of uncut episodes. I have maybe 20% of My Three Sons in uncut form and less for Petticoat Junction (Not counting the first two seasons that thankfully are on DVD). :(

Originally Posted by Neil Brock

Most of my "grail shows" haven't been released. My Three Sons (Not counting the butchered first two seasons), Petticoat Junction (Just good releases for the black & white seasons), and several others are missing completely or partially from DVD. And I'd really love to get the all the King Family television episodes and specials on DVD, but that one sure seems like an out of reach dream that will never be fulfilled.

If you are interested in the syndicated My Three Sons, its currently airing complete and uncut on ME-TV. The unsyndicated episodes (seasons 1-5 and the last season and a half) ran in the 80s on Nick at Nite. That's where people picked theirs up from. And Petticoat Junction ran through a number of times a few years ago, also uncut, on TV Land Canada.
[/QUOTE]

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Funny stuff, cause i remember a post of mine a few years back when i told a few members, who have posted in this very thread, to be happy with what they have. Cause i too remember a day when i was happy to have 10 episodes of Star Trek on TAPE! Now i have all 79 episodes on Blu-ray!

They told me not to tell them what to think, or some such thing. But anyway...

We have indeed been spoiled. But i for one am very happy to have what i have.

And death to DVD-R while i am at it !!! :)

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
I think what was happening with CBS Home Entertainment in the US with classic TV shows, is happening in the UK now. The releases are either abandoned, stalled or stretched out.

This month marks one year since Paramount Home Entertainmen (UK) released Hawaii Five-O's seventh season on DVD, and there's still nothing been passed on the BBFC website for the eighth season. Universal Playback seem to be taking forever in a day to announce Law & Order's eighth season. I'm holding out on buying it on Region 1 because Universal Playback should (if they do what they've done with the first seven seasons) make it a six disc set, compared to the Region 1 set which has five discs. And sometime down the line Seasons 9 & 10 will get released together in the US (this is based on the most recent news articles on TVShowsOnDVD for the show).

It looked like Network DVD were going to be releasing a series of Heartbeat (the drama series set in the 1960's) every two months. Series 3 was released last month, but the listing page on Amazon UK shows Series 4 as not coming out till June. The sets have been priced at around £14.99, but the fourth series (which has 16 episodes instead of 10) is priced at £29.99. Does that seem expensive for six extra episodes?

It took Network DVD four years to release the second and third seasons of Baywatch on DVD. Probably due to music clearances. So who knows how long it will take for the fourth and fifth seasons to be released.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks