We Be HD! Thanks Everyone!!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John Morris, Oct 17, 2001.

1. John Morris

John Morris Guest

With the help and advice of many folks on several forums, including this one, I went and bought a Winegard HD8200 antenna and a Winegard AP8275 preamp. It took me quite awhile to get it into my attic, assemble it and then use hanger straps to mount it to my attic ceiling. Luckily, I was also able to point it towards 170 degrees, directly at the HD towers 55 miles away. When I went downstairs and checked, there it was... HDTV in all its' glory... well not quite yet since I haven't bought my HDTV yet. But it was obvious that the signal was rock solid even on my analog TV receiving downconverted 480i from the HD100. When I checked the Sony HD100 STB for my signal strength, all my channels were consistently in the 90s, with NBC coming in at a solid 85. Not bad for an attic mounted antenna located in a house 55 miles away from the HD towers, in the middle of 60 foot trees... [​IMG]
    Anyway, thank you to all of you who advised me over the past week!
    Once I get my new HDTV, within two weeks, I will be in HD heaven!
    BTW, total cost for my OTA HD upgrade... $400 and that includes the STB...how lucky am I! [​IMG]
    ------------------
    Take Care,
    merc
    ----------------
    [​IMG]
    God Bless America!!!

2. Dwight Amato

Dwight Amato Stunt Coordinator

Damn, lucky you. Mind if I ask how you got it so cheap? I just got my HDTV yesterday (47" Panny), and I would love to get an HDTV signal if it were that affordable.

3. John Morris

John Morris Guest

Hi Dwight: I went to a local dealer bankrupcy sale and found two Brand New-in-Box Sony SAT-HD100 STBs stacked under a bunch of turntables. When I took them up to the front, they couldn't find a cost on them and just sold them to me for $200 each. I've already sold the other HD100 for $650. The Winegard HD8200 antenna was $139 and the Winegard AP8275 preamp was $59 from a local Winegard Distributor.
    ------------------
    Take Care,
    merc
    ----------------
    [​IMG]
    God Bless America!!!