What's new

We Be HD! Thanks Everyone!!! (1 Viewer)

J

John Morris

With the help and advice of many folks on several forums, including this one, I went and bought a Winegard HD8200 antenna and a Winegard AP8275 preamp. It took me quite awhile to get it into my attic, assemble it and then use hanger straps to mount it to my attic ceiling. Luckily, I was also able to point it towards 170 degrees, directly at the HD towers 55 miles away. When I went downstairs and checked, there it was... HDTV in all its' glory... well not quite yet since I haven't bought my HDTV yet. But it was obvious that the signal was rock solid even on my analog TV receiving downconverted 480i from the HD100. When I checked the Sony HD100 STB for my signal strength, all my channels were consistently in the 90s, with NBC coming in at a solid 85. Not bad for an attic mounted antenna located in a house 55 miles away from the HD towers, in the middle of 60 foot trees... :)
Anyway, thank you to all of you who advised me over the past week!
Once I get my new HDTV, within two weeks, I will be in HD heaven!
BTW, total cost for my OTA HD upgrade... $400 and that includes the STB...how lucky am I!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Take Care,
merc
----------------
Link Removed
God Bless America!!!

Dwight Amato

Stunt Coordinator
Damn, lucky you. Mind if I ask how you got it so cheap? I just got my HDTV yesterday (47" Panny), and I would love to get an HDTV signal if it were that affordable.

J

John Morris

Hi Dwight: I went to a local dealer bankrupcy sale and found two Brand New-in-Box Sony SAT-HD100 STBs stacked under a bunch of turntables. When I took them up to the front, they couldn't find a cost on them and just sold them to me for $200 each. I've already sold the other HD100 for $650. The Winegard HD8200 antenna was $139 and the Winegard AP8275 preamp was $59 from a local Winegard Distributor.
------------------
Take Care,
merc
----------------
Link Removed
God Bless America!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks