We Are Marshall

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Greg_S_H, Aug 5, 2006.

1. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    I hadn't heard of this movie until last night, but it sounds promising. From the IMDb:

It's directed by McG, which isn't a thrilling bit of news, but he makes the statement, "It’s important for me to make clear we’re operating from a position of respect. We are passionate about this story because this story is true. I don’t want to bring Hollywood to the story. I want this story to come to the forefront. It’s a story about how people deal with immeasurable grief, rely on their community, rely on their family and rise out of the ashes to be the best they can be."

It's slated for October 27, but I found no official website or trailer yet.

2. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

ComingSoon.net says the release date is December 22. Marshall University has a website for it: Click here. Their website says the "anticipated premiere" will take place in October and "a firm (release) date has not yet been established," but it looks like it may not have been updated in a while. Even though I must hate Marshall because I'm a Miami of Ohio alumnus, I'll give it a shot if the reviews are any good.

3. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    I saw the latest trailer during Friday Night Lights yesterday, and it looks really good. I wish it was opening a week earlier, as I'll probably see Rocky Balboa on Dec. 22, but I'll catch it as soon as I can.

4. Kirk Tsai

Kirk Tsai Screenwriter

There are many each year, and We Are Marshall occupies the spot of "most grating trailer of the moment" for me.

5. Michael Elliott

Michael Elliott Lead Actor

Michael Elliott
    I believe an Evansville, IN basketball team all died in a plane crash shortly before or after the real events of this movie.

My father and I usually go to the movies every Christmas and will probably make this a double feature with the ROCKY movie.