1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

WB's "Comedy Double Feature" DVD Line

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Cory H., Sep 6, 2005.

1. Cory H.

Cory H. Stunt Coordinator

I visited Wal Mart this morning in hopes to find this weeks releases at a better price than most, but to no avail. However, upon my departure, I stumbled upon a cardboard easel of WB "Double Feature" DVD's, a la MGM's "Midnite Movies", with similarly themed movies. Priced at $7.84, I picked up "Police Academy 2/Police Academy 3".

If the other titles, which I failed to remember, follow suit, it's a pair of films (1:85:1 Anny transfer)with 2.0 DD, subs, trailer, and a movie specific featurette. For those of you who didn't want all the films included in the latest "Police Academy" set, it looks to be a great buy. Personally, I liked the franchise through 4, "Citizens on Patrol".

YRMV, selection wise, and I am to understand that these were made available just today, but I'm unable to compile a list of films available. I'm also assuming this is branching from the big WB price drop?

2. John Hodson

John Hodson Producer

John
  3. Cory H.

Cory H. Stunt Coordinator

I did see the "Shaft" 2 pack, may pick that up sometime.

4. Ryan L. Bisasky

Ryan L. Bisasky Second Unit

most of those are full screen only though.

5. Alan_H

Alan_H Stunt Coordinator

Arthur/Arthur 2 is also available. Unfortunately, the original Arthur is the same old foolscreen transfer (Arthur 2 is anamorphic WS).

6. john mcfadden

john mcfadden Stunt Coordinator

Was hoping to replace my copies of Pump up the volume and Bed of roses and both are full screen only !! WTF ?

7. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

Does anyone have a complete list of these double-features?

Also, does anyone know if the following two releases are presented in oar and with the same featurettes as their single disc issues:

- They Were Expendable / Flying Leathernecks

- Bataan / Back to Bataan

In some cases, this is not only a great bargain (at almost half-cost) but a good way to avoid the previously released snappers!