1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

WB & UPN still leaving the Dish Network?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ryan Patterson, Aug 2, 2001.

1. Ryan Patterson

Ryan Patterson Stunt Coordinator

I remember an article floating around a couple of months ago about the possibility of the Dish Network canning the WB & UPN stations. Does anybody know the status of this?

2. Jon_T

Jon_T Agent

At this time, Dish is keeping the superstations but new customers will have to qualify to receive them. I believe current superstation customers are currently grandfathered but that will probably change too. If someone were to go to the Dish website and type in a Los Angeles address, they would qualify for the WB superstations but not the UPN superstations. I assume the local UPN station requested black outs of programming so Dish has decided to just black out the channel to make it easier to comply.

3. Michael St. Clair

What URL do you type in your address for such qualification?

4. Jon_T

Jon_T Agent

5. Michael St. Clair

Thanks. Looks like I still qualify for both superstations, but I suspect that one of them (the one with a strong signal) has not complained yet.