What's new

WB TV Season sets $19.99 at WM & KM -- YMMV!! (1 Viewer)

Greg S

Supporting Actor
CREDIT GOES TO DVDTALK MEMBERS AND CAG MEMBERS.

Well I can confirm that there are several sets available now at WM and KM.

Ones I have found are

Everbody Loves Raymond S1
Everbody Loves Raymond S2
Lois & Clark S1
Law & Order SVU S1
Dukes of Hazzard Season 1 - 19.99

Supposedly another store like WM and KM will have these and others for $18.88 next week so this is a competition thing.

RUMORED titles are:

Nip / Tuck Season 1 - 19.99
ER Season 1 - 19.99
ER Season 2 - 19.99
Lois and Clark Season 1 - 19.99
Smallville Season 1 - 19.99
Smallville Season 2 - 19.99
Dallas Season 1 + 2 - 19.99
Dukes of Hazzard Season 2 - 19.99
West Wing Season 1 - 19.99
West Wing Season 2 - 19.99
Gilmore Girls Season 1 - 19.99
Gilmore Girls Season 2 - 19.99
Friends Season 1 - 19.99
Friends Season 2 - 19.99
One Tree Hill Season 1 - 19.99
The OC Season 1 - 19.99
Gilligans Island Season 1 - 19.99
Gilligans Island Season 2 - 19.99
Waltons Season 1 - 19.99
Fresh Prince Season 1 - 19.99
Full House Season 1 - 19.99
Everwood Season 1 - 19.99

The deal can be discussed further after Sunday if it happens BUT I know for a fact that there are some $19.99 titles available now. Other folks in other areas of the country have reported many of the above titles in WM & KM for $19.99 now but it is a total YMMV!!

Best of Luck and see you guys at the check out lines!!

Greg

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
"Supposedly another store like WM and KM will have these and others for $18.88 next week so this is a competition thing."

target?

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Moved Dukes of Hazzard Season 1 to the confirmed list as I found it this AM at WM.

Greg

Don*K

Stunt Coordinator
Confirmation of some of these titles in the Seattle area WM as of Friday Sept 30...

Everybody loves Raymond S1 and S2
Lois and Clark S1
Dukes of Hazard S1
ER S1
Smallville S1
Waltons S1

The selection as well as the inventory was variable from store to store. Let's hope that the rumored sets will actually be in stock on Sunday!

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
My Smallville S2 outer box is in really bad shape, so I'm debating blowing a $20 to replace it. The discs are fine, so I don't know if I can justify it. I'll probably never see it this cheap again, though. I'd probably buy it and then find out I could just ask WB for a replacement. Probably won't do it, what with other new releases coming out this week. I'm glad to know about the sale, though, because now would be a good time to pick up Full House (hold the rotten tomatoes, folks).

Terry H

Second Unit
My local Walmart has a huge display containing many of the titles listed in the first post. Obviously a huge promotion. ;)
I can confirm these titles:
Nip / Tuck Season 1 - 19.99
ER Season 1 - 19.99
ER Season 2 - 19.99
Lois and Clark Season 1 - 19.99
Smallville Season 1 - 19.99
Smallville Season 2 - 19.99
Dallas Season 1 + 2 - 19.99
West Wing Season 1 - 19.99
West Wing Season 2 - 19.99
Friends Season ? - 19.99
Waltons Season 1 - 19.99
Everwood Season 1 - 19.99
Wanted Dead or Alive - Season One (1958)- 19.99

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor
Figures...I bought "Lois & Clark" not too long ago and now it's on this great sale.

I'm gonna go by my Target tomorrow and see what they have. I'm hoping for "Gilmore Girls" and "One Tree Hill".

Daniel_Hall

Auditioning
I found a way to get an even better deal....

I went to Target and they were sold out of Gilmore Girls Season 2. So I decided to price match it somewhere. I then remembered that Circuit City has a 110% guarantee. That means that they give you the price match plus 10% of the difference.

I picked up Gilmore Girls Season 2 and Lois & Clark at Circuit City. They were both originally $49.99 which makes a $31.11 difference. They took an additional $3.11 off making them $15.77. Only problem is that they will only match what's in the ad, I'm sure (which doesn't list all the titles on sale).

I also got one of the up to $50 rebate forms and all the titles on sale are included in the rebate. I picked up 3 titles, so I might hold off a bit. There's not much else I want from the sale, but I still want to pick up Gilmore Girls 3 & 4 (and eventually 5). I get a good deal on those through ch.com ($35.99), so hopefully I can use them towards the rebate. You have to have a receipt, so I'm not sure how that works (anybody else try ordering online and getting the rebate offer?)

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard

I just picked up Smallville Season 2 with a slightly tattered paper outer box at a local pawn shop for $10. The discs appear to be perfect. Since I have never seen an episode of this series, I will see if the local Wal-Mart has Season 1 and if so, hope the series is good starting it in order. HDNet shows it in HDTV so I will try to record season 3 that way if possible once I decide whether or not it is worth watching.

Chris

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
It would be best to watch it from episode one, because the show is very serial in nature. Most episodes have elements that stand alone, but there is always a thread running through the show that will probably be hard to pick up on if you just jump in. I believe the recent season premiere referenced an event from the first episode. The show does that kind of thing quite a bit.

I hope you'll enjoy it. I love it to the point of watching three or more episodes a night, which I never do.

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor
I picked up "One Tree Hill" at my local Target. It's something I've never watched before but something I was going to eventually rent. For that price I decided to buy it. About the only other thing I would like is "Gilmore Girls" Season 1 and 2...and I left a HUGE hint to my mom about that since my Bday isn't that far away.

Ed Faver

Second Unit
Since this sale started, I picked up ER season 1, Raymond season 2, Nip/Tuck 1, And Smallville 1 & 2. I'd never watched Smallville & thought this would be a cheap way to get into it. I watch the first 4 episodes of season 1 in a single sitting and had a HELL of a time finding season 2 in Target or WalMart. I finally got it today at the 4th Target I tried. Anyone else have a problem like this?

Now, is this going to be a permanent reduction in pricing? Seems like a good way to clear out old stock and turn me on to new series. I am sure the studios are hoping I'll pay the regular prices for newer seasons and with Smallville, they're right. HBO will never get me to pay their inflated "regular prices. As much as I like deadwood, I'm not plunking down $80 for 13 episodes of anything...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks