What's new

WB "The Right Stuff" Blu-Ray (1 Viewer)

GMpasqua

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
Bill Hunt over at the Digital Bits reports that WB will release "The Right Stuff" (1983) sometime in 2011

Always liked this film and it should look great on Blu-ray!

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I was hoping this would be coming soon, given how WB appears to be methodically upgrading their entire 2-disc Special Edition line to Blu. A must-buy for me as well.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Hopefully they'll do some kind of restoration or remastering (without resorting to overly DNR'ing/EE'ing the thing). I seem to recall my DVD version having quite a bit of dirt, scratches and even one pretty egregious instance of film damage. Can't remember exactly at what point the damage was, only that it was visible to the naked eye when I watched it maybe ten years ago and it really jumped out at me.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I love this movie, but have never been overly thrilled with the look on any of my copies -- several LD version and 1 or 2 DVD's. I'm not sure if it's the transfers or just the way it was filmed, but it's always been a bit dull and soft. I hope a full cleaning and proper updating will be done and it won't turn into another Apollo 13.

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
I sure hope they fix the sound too. The last 2 DVD releases were horrid sounding. The pre-recorded vhs hifi copy sounded better than either DVD release.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks