What's new

WB Signature Box Sets (1 Viewer)

jackbogart

Grip
Real Name
Jack
Hi everyone I am new here and reading some of these posts I am hearing some of you talk about upcoming Wb Signature Sets of stars like Paul NewMan, Flynn in 2007 and so on. I was wondering if any of you know any links or chat recordings I can look to so i can read to see what sets I can expect in the upcoming years thank you!

jackbogart

Grip
Real Name
Jack
I dont understand why they made a Ronald Reagan Signature Set, but not a Marlon Brando Signature set....Julius Caesar and Mutiny should be in it. Add three or two more movies and a cool documentary and we'll be set

But there is a Marlon Brando signature set coming in 2006. It includes: The Formula, Reflections in a Golden Eye and Julius Caesar.

Then Mutiny on the Bounty is coming sometime this year as well.

jackbogart

Grip
Real Name
Jack
It is? WHy havent they announced it? Three films ? All Signature sets have had at least four movies. Why wont Mutiny be in the set?.

It depends how many titles Warners own. Perhaps the studio only owns four other Brando titles due for release, his other work may belong to other studios. Don't know the thinking on the Mutiny on The Bounty release, but Warners know what they are doing and have planned carefully.

As for the Paul Newman and Taylor/Burton Boxsets, we don't even know if they will be part of Warners Signature Collection series. of all the unreleased Paul Newman movies onto DVD, Warners own about ten - so you would expect the 2006 Newman collection would be big. Not sure about Taylor/Burton, except for the 2 disc Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf title to be re-released. Perhaps I might go and do a bit of research.

Simon Howson

Screenwriter
There is no official confirmation of the Brando signature box contents at this stage. My guess is Mutiny On The Bounty (1962) will be included in the box.

jackbogart

Grip
Real Name
Jack
Thanks guys! About the Paul Newman set it could include a 2 disc set of Cool Hand Luke possibly. As for Wb planning the sets carefully I argee, but whats up with the Henry Fonda Signature set? They are all the same DVDs just repacked!

Jacqui

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jacqui
As far as we know, the Paul Newman boxset will contain; Harper, The Drowning Pool, Somebody Up There Likes Me and The Young Philadelphians. There are other titles involved, but we are not sure what they are. A SE 2 Disc for Cool Hand Luke is being tentatively planned for 2007. Not sure if this collection is part of Warners' Signature Collection Series.

jackbogart

Grip
Real Name
Jack
This is somewhat off topic, but why is Joan Crawford and Bette Davis part of the Signature Series? Kinda wierd, but love the box art for their sets too

jackbogart

Grip
Real Name
Jack
The Bogart and Bacall Signature Collection just came out. Big Sleep, Key Largo, Have or Have not and Dark PAssage is now available. It was a amazon exclusive but now I guess you can get it anywhere. The new ones have the plastic cases (not the cheaper cardboard ones that I got from the Amazon set).

Jacqui

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jacqui

I think you will find that the Davis and Crawford Collections are part of Warners Legendary Classics Series, not the Signature series.

Go to www.whvdvdcollections.com and have a gander. Fantastic site.

Corey

Screenwriter

When I was watching TCM, they showed recently restored versions of The V.I.P's, The Comedians, and The Sandpiper. They looked stunning so they'll be in the Taylor/Burton set.

Corey

Screenwriter

and please let it be more than the 3 movies they mentioned. in the 2005 chat they sait the set was gonna be a big one.

Corey

Screenwriter
I want these sets:

Barbara Stanwyck
-The Mad Miss Manton
-Night Nurse
-Two Mrs. Carrolls
-Ladies They Talk About/ Illicit (Double feature)
-So Big

Olivia de Havilland
-Four's A Crowd
-Anthony Adverse
-Light in the Piazza
-The Male Animal
-Princess O'Rourke

Lana Turner
-Green Dolphin Street
-Honky Tonk
-Slightly Dangerous
-Marriage Is A Private Affair
-Cass Timberlane

Hedy Lamarr
-I Take This Woman
-Comrade X
-White Cargo
-Her Highness and the Bellboy
-H.M. Pulham, Esq

Hepburn and Tracy (revised with new to dvd titles and previous releases in keepcases)
-Woman of the Year Deluxe SE
-Keeper of the Flame
-Without Love
-The Sea of Grass
-Adam's Rib
-Pat and Mike

Katharine Hepburn
-Morning Glory
-Sylvia Scarlett
-Undercurrent
-A Bill of Divorcement
-Song of Love

Mickey Rooney
-The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
-The Human Comedy
-Summer Holiday/ Ah Wilderness (double feature)
-Young Tom Edison/ Edsion, the Man (double feature)
-Words and Music

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation154
Recent bookmarks