What's new

WB says Scarecrow and Mrs. King on tap for 2010 release... (1 Viewer)

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
That would require knowledge of their original running times, not something all fans would necessarily know...

Mr. Pacino

Second Unit
Real Name
Nico
I´ve just checked the first two episodes:

Episode 1 : 49:15 minutes
Episode 2. 47.42 minutes

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Mr. Pacino /forum/thread/294171/wb-says-scarecrow-and-mrs-king-on-tap-for-2010-release#post_3665718
I´ve just checked the first two episodes:
Episode 1 : 49:15 minutes
Episode 2. 47.42 minutes
I would guess they are probably uncut with those run times.

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
Just got an email that mine was shipped!!!! Looking forward to watching these episodes, as the "alternate" set I have I am sure had cut episodes.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Originally Posted by caperchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif">
How did you get Season 1 on the 28th when it has just been officially released today?
Some retailers/net shops ship way before release date, I kinda like that approach.

Mr. Pacino

Second Unit
Real Name
Nico
caperchick: I ordered American TV series from www.axelmusic.com.
They often sent the package one or even two weeks before the official release date. That´s the reason why I had Season 1 for a couple of days now....

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
I picked the show up at Best Buy and had them price match their .com price of 29.99, rang up 34.99.

I don't remember the show much, but was very pleased with the first episode. Certainly nothing like it on tv now. Makes you remember what felt like easier times in America. The transfer seemed very good. Hopefully it will sell decently. Only 3 More seasons to go :) My local target had a slot but by the time I got there at 7pm they were gone so that is a good sign. :)

caperchick

Grip
Real Name
Annette
Shoot I wish I would have known about that website. I ordered mine from Amazon. Hopefully it will be here by the end of the week.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I also ordered from Amazon & my set (along with Matt Houston) shipped yesterday. I don't mind waiting a few extra days to get it, as it seems like Amazon had the much better price of $25.99.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Had a quick look the other day and the picture's perhaps not remastered but it's entirely acceptable here and more or less much like it was when shown on TV, certainly not looking any worse than most will remember it and that's the important thing. Not bad at all, it's what you might call a solid release.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Season One debuts on R2 in Germany June 25, where it's almost guaranteed to continue all the way through being a monster hit there, so if it ever gets assassinated at home other possible avenues for fans with R2-equipped players exist.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by HenryDuBrow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Season One debuts on R2 in Germany June 25, where it's almost guaranteed to continue all the way through being a monster hit there, so if it ever gets assassinated at home other possible avenues for fans with R2-equipped players exist.
That's good news. I won't hesitate to get any R2 releases of this show if it stalls in R1.

John_Dee

Grip
Any news on how the first season set sold?

I'd never actually seen the show but my mum was a big fan so I bought it for her but I've watched it as well and loved it. Really fun show. So I'm hoping to see the 2nd season soon

Mr. Pacino

Second Unit
Real Name
Nico
Yesterday, Axelmusic already sent Season 2 to me.

Hopefully Warner will release Season 3 this year as well.

In case if Warner will release Season 4 someday, I won´t pick it up because Kate Jackson only made guest appearences due to her breast cancer illness at the time.

caperchick

Grip
Real Name
Annette
It was only the last four episodes where Kate wasn't shown much, she appeared in all of the other eighteen. Season 4 had some great episodes - Night Crawler, Bad Timing, Stemwinder to name a few, and of course the wedding.

Mr. Pacino

Second Unit
Real Name
Nico
Henry, I knew that it´ll be released in Germany but I´d like to have Season 2 as soon as possible.....

Mr. Pacino

Second Unit
Real Name
Nico
Today I received Season 2.

The picture quality is O.K. but not as great as some CBS/Paramount remastered series such as "Streets of San Francisco or Hawaii Five 0".

Season 2 offered some European locations.

Episode 2 plays in Munich. As a German it was hilarious to see how American actors(Kate Jackson, Bruce Boxleitner) pronounced German words like "Glockenspiel" or "Brauhaus"....

Hopefully, they´ll release Season 3 this year as well but I think a release date in 2012 is more likely......

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks