What's new

WB releases description for Smallville season finale (big spoilers).. (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
The following episode description from the WB was posted at www.kryptonsite.com It contains big spoilers from the finale:

A MYSTERIOUS GIRL FROM KRYPTON COMES TO TAKE CLARK HOME - Things come to a head in Smallville when Kara, a beautiful girl (guest star Adrianne Palicki) with superpowers, who claims to be from Krypton, comes to entice Clark (Tom Welling) to fulfill his destiny. Overwhelmed, Clark turns to his parents (John Schneider, Annette O'Toole) for advice but is shocked when Kara forces Jonathan to finally reveal the deal he made with Jor-El. Also, Clark makes a discovery that ultimately redefines his relationship with Lex (Michael Rosenbaum), and Clark's relationship with Lana (Kristin Kreuk) takes a final turn.

Evan M

Second Unit
Hm... spoiler tags dont' help with the pop-up preview. Interesting. (The tooltip message when you hover a thread title.

I was gonna read anyways, but just noticed that.. thought it was interesting :)

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I thought Krypton blew up. How can Kara come? What is the comic explanation of this? I heard someone was leaving so maybe it is Lana. I was hoping for Pete.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Ironically (or perhaps intentionally), Smallville producer/writer Jeph Loeb is addressing KZE (maybe) right now in his "Superman/Batman" book. Or maybe not; Bruce is highly suspicious that the spaceship which contained her is a fake.

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
This is not the first time that such a similar event has occurred in both the comics and on TV. Back in 1996, both DC Comics and Warner Bros. cross-promoted Lois and Clark's marriage with the giant one-shot "Superman: The Wedding Album" and the L&C episode "Swear to God, This Time We're Really Not Kidding" (or some title similar).

As for how this new one will play out in both the comics and on Smallville, we can only wait and see. All I know is that I saw the spoiler pic on www.kryptonsite.com, and all I can say about the babe is this:

YOWZA! YOWZA! YOWZA! :D

Now if I only had a cousin who looked like her, man, I'd be set for life! heehee! :D

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Since the title has a spoiler warning, I'm gonna dispense with the spoiler box since otherwise the thread would be a stream of black.

The casting, from that photo, looks dead on. The only thing that I don't like if she's actually from Krypton is that it takes away the uniqueness of who Clark is, his solitary life, and the justfication for being sent of to begin with. It looks like she's being used as a catalyst to force Johnathan to reveal the details of his deal with Jor-El. Everything's coming to a head; let's hope it's more satisfying that the way Lex's marriage came to a head last year.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
True, although this time they've actually got one guy working on both, so it'll be a bit smoother than it was last time.

Still, they're retrofitting the comics a bit to match Smallville, and not necessarily in a good way. There's a rumor that Chloe may start to show up there, which I like, but they've recently re-injected Lex Luthor into Clark's teenage years, and that's not working out nearly as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks