What's new

WB & Pluto Nash ... even more bad decisions? (1 Viewer)

James Bergeron

Supporting Actor
LOL, ok this is rather funny if you ask me.
1) They know they have a stinker so they wait 2 years to release it.
2) It fails at the box office so they hope to win big in dvd sales.
3) They release it the day before X-mas!
What were they thinking? Releasing it on the 17th would have at least got them some sales of the DVD as people would have picked it up while shopping I'm sure. Releasing on the 24th (a day where I'm sure 99% of the people do not want to shop) they just lost all holiday sales hopes. People will forget it exists once the holidays are over...... oh wait maybe that's what they wanted :D

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
You see, on 12/24 people are desperate to buy just about anything for presents and the stores will be out of everything good. That's about the only way this one is going to sell.

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
I'd bet that the studio had a long list of DVDs to schedule for release and the guy in charge said "12-24 is the worst release date on our 2k2 calendar, what film do we have that's so worthless to be worthy of such a spot??? Oh yeah, Pluto Nash......."

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Well it's a pretty smart move I think, There will be a lot of Joe Blows getting their $46 Apex dvd players for Christmas along with gift certificates and buying cards at places like Best Buy & Wal-mart. The day after Christmas when stores are on short supply of good titles, A lot of poor saps may grab a copy of Pluto Nash, just because it's a new title and they want something to play on their dvd player.
Of course they will also need to stop at Radio Shack to get an RF Converter. :D

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
Last minute shoppers in a panic could see Eddie Murphy and buy it, conceivably not having heard anything about the in-and-out-of-theaters and all the bad press, since it seemed to slip under the radar of the general public. I pity the fool who buys it unknowingly though!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I'll rather have a stocking full of coal then that movie.
:laugh: This is how you tell if you've been naughty or nice. No one who's nice would receive this disc. :D
And it is a shame it's coming out so late. It would have made a great gag gift for the office christmas party gift swap.

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
You're aware though that a "gag gift" means "gag" as in joke, and not "gag" as in physically wretch, right?

AaronJB

Second Unit
The bad decision occured when Warner Brothers decided to spend $100 million on "Pluto Nash". I sat down and watched this picture today thinking, "Gee, it couldn't be that bad". If not the worst piece of cinema I've ever seen, it's awfully close.

Anthony R

Stunt Coordinator
An RF converter is used to convert the video and audio signals from the standard RCA yellow/red/white cables to a signal that runs through an RF cable (these are the cables that usually screw on and have a little needle poking out of the male end). You would only need one if you had an older TV which didn't have RCA jacks.

Todd Phillips

Second Unit
Plus Radio Shack has been advertising them on television specifically to people who might get a DVD player for Christmas but can't hook it up to their ancient TV (thec ommercial shows people crying because they can't use their DVD player).

I say forget radio shack...buy a new TV, people! (preferably widescreen to make those black bars shrink, then you won't have to take your DVDs back to Walmart.)

DeanR

Second Unit
Real Name
Dean
I actually had a copy of Pluto Nash in my hands today at a major B&M. So, it's out there now if any fool wants to buy it.

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
What's even funnier is that some of us are not even aware of the fact that we might be getting a copy of Pluto Nash for Christmas ;)
An RF converter is used to convert the video and audio signals from the standard RCA yellow/red/white cables to a signal that runs through an RF cable (these are the cables that usually screw on and have a little needle poking out of the male end). You would only need one if you had an older TV which didn't have RCA jacks.
Ah but let's not forget that most of these people do not have those fancy modern TV's with the Coax imput, They need something with U-hooks that they can connect to those two screws. :D

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
What's even funnier is that some of us are not even aware of the fact that we might be getting a copy of Pluto Nash for Christmas ;)
Hee hee...should make for some interesting posts on Christmas Day:
HTF Member: Waaaaaaaaahhhhh!
Clueless Parent/Aunt/Uncle/Grandparent: But I thought you liked Eddie Murphy!?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks