What's new

WB Gypsy / The Great Race / Mister Roberts / Auntie Mame (1 Viewer)

Mark B

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mark
John Morgan said:
When they are getting ready for the big race to start, there are a few shots of those old flash cameras going off, but you hardly hear the sound at all. I seem to remember it being more upfront. What leads me to think I am correct, is an earlier scene when Lemmon and Falk are about to embark on that device on the train track, the flash sounds are upfront. What makes me doubt myself is the foreign version soundtracks seem to have the muted sound, but I still think maybe they had the separated tracks and when remixing for 5.1 sound, somehow that particular track didn't get enough volume. Does anyone still have an old tape from an old tv broadcast to check?
The flashes are the same on my mono VHS from the 1980s.

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray
Mark Oates said:
Any possibility in some markets Jack Lemmon had top billing and somehow that version of the soundtrack wound up accompanying the titles?
That's exactly what happened. Jack Lemmon had top billing overseas and Tony Curtis had top billing in the U.S.

GMpasqua

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
Would add a few more

Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? (this was talked about way back when)
Finian's Rainbow (Francis Ford Coppola's musical)

Damn Yankees

Would also like the Cagney/Robinson gangster films - but since these are mostly from the 30's and Black and White I doubt we will see them anytime soon (not that we are likely to see "Finian's Rainbow" or "Damn Yankees" anytime soon either - if ever)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks