What's new

WB Dvd DeciSION 2006 (1 Viewer)

Richard M S

Screenwriter
Last year's DVD Decision vote announcment was made at the end of May, 2006. Does anyone know if we can soon expect another "DVD Decison" contest and promotion for 2007?

Corey

Screenwriter

I sure hope so. If the titles sold well, I don't see why not. I hope the nominees are some from last year as well as some new ones. I'll Cry Tomorrow and I Married A Witch would be good selections.

CineKarine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Karine Philippot
Will be on the look-out for the announcement too. Last year, most (but not all) of the films seemed to have been titles that could not clearly fit into a theme collection (Angels in the Outfield, Gymtaka, Illustrated Man etc.) or lesser vehicles for great stars (April in Paris, Presenting Lily Mars, Cimarron for instance). And sprinkled in there were nominated films like Madame Curie and Sunrise at Campobello as I recall. No films from the 30s or earlier if my memory serves me right.

ARound these lines, I would love to see some of the following:

The offbeat and fascinating LIZZIE (57) from Hugo Haas, unless it is slated for a later cult film collection. Eleanor Parker transcends the campy aspects of the film.

Some fun, lesser-known musicals like TEN THOUSAND BEDROOMS (57, for Dean Martin's 90th this year) or the ready-for-rediscovery THREE SAILORS AND A GIRL (53). Maybe even the so-so but wonderfully star-studded TWO TICKETS TO BROADWAY (51).

The flawed but entrancing SOMBRERO (53) and its all-star cast. Cyd Charisse's dance solo being worth the price all by itself.

Corey, like you I would really love to see I'll CRY TOMORROW (55) in that bunch, especially as Susan Hayward did not make that many films which are now owned by WB.

A Nicholas Ray film like A WOMAN'S SECRET (49) or BORN TO BE BAD (50), neither one qualifying as genuine noirs in my book.

Maybe some Monogram(Allied-Artists) titles like THE TOUGHEST MAN ALIVE (55, Dane Clark) or the enjoyable western SIERRA PASSAGE (51)

An Ida Lupino vehicle like THE HARD WAY (42).

A couple of lovely comedies like De Havilland's PRINCESS O'ROURKE (43), or Mitchum's HOLIDAY AFFAIR (49) or Flynn's THE PERFECT SPECIMEN (37).

Of course, my choices, never go past the 1960 mark. :laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leif_sauce
Recent bookmarks