What's new

WB - Batman: TAS, ROTJ, etc. (1 Viewer)

Rob T

Screenwriter
Thank you for putting Batman: TAS and many of it's related titles on DVD!
I watched Christmas with the Joker tonight and the audio/video was looking pretty good. Probably the best it's ever looked. :)
I couldn't find ROTJ uncut at the future shop (I did get the other 4 though), but I forgot to look in the kids section so I'll do that next week if I don't find it at Wal-mart or K-mart this week. :)
And I must comment on the snapper cases: they suck!
Thanks again for the great discs! :)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Jeff,

Normally I would agree with you. But, the Justice League is not naturally WS. All they did was take the full screen picture and put the bars in to make it look like it is widescreen. I am not sure of the exact term for this, I think matting?

Warner, Please release the rest of the Batman & Superman episodes!!

Aaron Thomas

Stunt Coordinator
Jeff,

Normally I would agree with you. But, the Justice League is not naturally WS. All they did was take the full screen picture and put the bars in to make it look like it is widescreen. I am not sure of the exact term for this, I think matting?

Warner, Please release the rest of the Batman & Superman episodes!!
Short Answer: Enter Wonka in the search engine.

Quick Answer: The process of matting is used on nearly all movies of with aspect ratios around 1.66 and 1.85, where a 1.33/1.37 image (i.e. open matte or "full screen") is filmed, but only a portion of the image is intended to be seen by the audience. The mattes are the bars that cover up the image portions that are not intended to be seen.

If the creators of "Justice League" intended for it to be widescreen, then the open matte transfer is what is not natural.

Aaron Thomas

Just like Willy Wonka, Justice League was created to be seen as widescreen. It is NOT OAR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2handband