What's new

WB: Around the World in Eighty Days DVD concern (supplements) (1 Viewer)

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
http://web.archive.org/web/200201111...ib/80days.html
The Library of Congress seems to have a ton of possible supplementary material for Around the World in Eighty Days.
There's been several websites (some who actually worked on the film's restoration) that confirm the restoration, so it would be nice to have all these materials.
Among the materials are deleted scenes, trims, an alternate prologue (with a bunch of the cameos...including Buster Keaton!), behind-the-scenes footage, and even posters and stuff.
A fantastic video transfer for both the 24 and 30 fps versions (along with great 5.1 mixes from the surround tracks) would be certainly enough, but this would be the opportunity to use a lot of this material that has never been seen before.
There is also a neat souvenier book, a board game (DVD-ROM adaptation, perhaps? :) ) and a plethora of promotional materials. (I actually have a set of Eighty Days lobby cards that look great.)
I'd even like to see perhaps a commentary by Michael Anderson, Michael Todd Jr., and Shirley MacLaine.
Please give this title the same exhaustive treatment as Doctor Zhivago and The Wizard of Oz.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Wow, that all sounds great! I'd especially like to see the alternate prologue/deleted scenes/trims/behind-the-scenes footage as supplements on such a DVD. Those would seem to be crucial extras. Please, Warner, follow Patrick's sage advice!

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
I'd also like to see the DVD have BOTH cuts of the film...

Perhaps this can be a 2-disc set with one DVD-18 and one DVD-5 with the extras. I'd really like to see the 24fps version plus the 30 fps version. The 30fps version is a better version, but it would be neat to have both.

If every single extra is used, this could be one of the best DVD's ever made.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Yet another addition...

There should be a short overture before the prologue (on the soundtrack CD), an intermission (spliced out of current prints. You know that shot of the ship that suddenly "jump cuts" to another shot? That's where the intermission used to be.), and the original exit music.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks