WB 3 for 3? 1) OAR 2) Classic Films 3) KEEPCASES???...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David Lambert, Aug 28, 2001.

1. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

WB has been bashed heavily for the past few weeks, here on HTF and elsewhere. Now we may have to kiss some serious ass to thank them for listening - positively - to all the criticism and doing something about it:
    1) We've got an OAR release of Wonka on the way, and it seems for LoTR, too. Probably C&D as well. Now if they can just clear up that nastly trilogy of MARred Pokemon films... [​IMG]
    2) Classics are on-the-way: Citizen Kane. Doctor Zhivago. Now Voyager. Little Women (1933). Dirty Harry (hey; I think they're classics! [​IMG] ) There's more work to be done, but the crack in the vault is widening!
    3) Warner used a keepcase?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
    No kidding. Go pick up Teletubbies: Baby Animals. Yes, it's a Warner release...the logo is plain as day on the back, lower left area (next to PBS Home Video logo). It is a white (natch) keepcase with an extra-bright pink sleeve insert.
    Perhaps PBS, Itsy-Bitsy, or Ragdoll (the "partners" on 'Tubbies home releases) basically forced WB into doing it. Maybe Warner is handling it differently because they somehow consider it a "different" kids release than, say, Scooby Doo or, well, everything else they've ever released!
    I don't know. All I know is this: It's a keepcase - no matter the color - and the WB logo is somewhere on the box!!!
    $15 at Best Buy, BTW...*if* you have kids and don't feel that Tinky Winky is the embodiment of Lucifer (that honor is reserved for Barney, of course!) [​IMG]
    Now if we can just get Warner back into the habit of doing TV series in episode order. I lied...they're only 3-for-4.
    Ah well...there's always another crusade to fight! Sigh.
    ------------------
    DAVE/Memphis
    Widescreen is Family Fun!
    [​IMG]

2. Antonio_M

Antonio_M Stunt Coordinator

3. David Lambert

Calm down, Antonio! I was being playful when I suggested we might have to "Kiss (WB's) ass". I definately didn't mean it. You are right-on-target...this mess is theirs to begin with. I was just suggesting that they might actually be LISTENING to our criticism. And responding to it by changing things for the better. And that's a GOOD thing.
    And you tell my son that 'Tubbies don't count! [​IMG] His joyous, capering-around-the-living-room-laughing-and-dancing reaction to my inserting of the disc is all the response I need. 'Tubbie's taught him - early! - colors and counting and singing and other stuff. So they're okay in my book...even if I had to be dragged into that recognition by my toddler.
    ------------------
    DAVE/Memphis
    Widescreen is Family Fun!
    [​IMG]

4. Jeff Swindoll

Jeff Swindoll Supporting Actor

5. AdrianJ

AdrianJ Supporting Actor

6. David Lambert