What's new

WB 3 for 3? 1) OAR 2) Classic Films 3) KEEPCASES???... (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
WB has been bashed heavily for the past few weeks, here on HTF and elsewhere. Now we may have to kiss some serious ass to thank them for listening - positively - to all the criticism and doing something about it:
1) We've got an OAR release of Wonka on the way, and it seems for LoTR, too. Probably C&D as well. Now if they can just clear up that nastly trilogy of MARred Pokemon films... :)
2) Classics are on-the-way: Citizen Kane. Doctor Zhivago. Now Voyager. Little Women (1933). Dirty Harry (hey; I think they're classics!
tongue.gif
) There's more work to be done, but the crack in the vault is widening!
3) Warner used a keepcase?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
No kidding. Go pick up Teletubbies: Baby Animals. Yes, it's a Warner release...the logo is plain as day on the back, lower left area (next to PBS Home Video logo). It is a white (natch) keepcase with an extra-bright pink sleeve insert.
Perhaps PBS, Itsy-Bitsy, or Ragdoll (the "partners" on 'Tubbies home releases) basically forced WB into doing it. Maybe Warner is handling it differently because they somehow consider it a "different" kids release than, say, Scooby Doo or, well, everything else they've ever released!
I don't know. All I know is this: It's a keepcase - no matter the color - and the WB logo is somewhere on the box!!!
$15 at Best Buy, BTW...*if* you have kids and don't feel that Tinky Winky is the embodiment of Lucifer (that honor is reserved for Barney, of course!)
biggrin.gif

Now if we can just get Warner back into the habit of doing TV series in episode order. I lied...they're only 3-for-4.
Ah well...there's always another crusade to fight! Sigh.
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
Widescreen is Family Fun!
FamilyWidescreen_ws.jpg

Antonio_M

Stunt Coordinator
WB has been bashed heavily for the past few weeks, here on HTF and elsewhere. Now we may have to kiss some serious ass to thank them for listening
You know what? Why don't you kiss their ass for me? :D Warner could kiss my ass though.
wink.gif

For one, this whole pressure, (Warner and pan and scan, and survey crap) DVD stress; has not been fun for me and many. It's been pissful. Fucking up in the beginning, and then fixing it, does not make it in my book. THEY KNEW what they were doing wrong once they started with the bullshit pan and scam crap. So now that they fucked with the widescreen fans and caused a stir, and now they are releasing their titles over again or in widescreen, we have to applause? Why? So they could feel that they are the best studio on DVD medium or feel that they are high on the alter? I don't think so. I don't need to thank Warner because since day one, they been releasing their titles in widescreen.
Also, teletubbies don't count.
wink.gif

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Calm down, Antonio! I was being playful when I suggested we might have to "Kiss (WB's) ass". I definately didn't mean it. You are right-on-target...this mess is theirs to begin with. I was just suggesting that they might actually be LISTENING to our criticism. And responding to it by changing things for the better. And that's a GOOD thing.
And you tell my son that 'Tubbies don't count!
biggrin.gif
His joyous, capering-around-the-living-room-laughing-and-dancing reaction to my inserting of the disc is all the response I need. 'Tubbie's taught him - early! - colors and counting and singing and other stuff. So they're okay in my book...even if I had to be dragged into that recognition by my toddler.
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
FamilyWidescreen_ws.jpg

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Not unless it has a director's commentary!!
biggrin.gif

Nope...but it's got a behind-the-scenes thingie! No Kidding! "Exclusive interview with creators highlighting how Teletubbies works for children". Not exactly a documentary, but HEY! It's a DVD supplement! {grin, duck, and run}
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
FamilyWidescreen_ws.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks