WB 2-Disc SE offer does NOT include title form was attached to???!!!

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by Malcolm R, Jul 13, 2003.

1. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Feb 8, 2002
    I was recently browsing at BJ's Wholesale Club and saw a box of recent Warner Bros. 2-disc SE's including Giant, Once Upon a Time in America, Robin Hood: POT, The Right Stuff, The Mission, and The Color Purple.

Prominently attached to the front of Once Upon a Time in America is a red and orange sticker announcing "get a free 2-disc SE by mail when you buy any three of these Special Edition DVD's." This sticker was ONLY attached to Once Upon a Time in America. Giant, The Mission, and The Color Purple had no stickers and The Right Stuff had a sticker promoting another contest.

So I think, great! I'll get three and send away for a fourth by mail. So I pick up Giant, Once Upon a Time in America, and The Right Stuff.

Well, I'm finally going through and filling out the paperwork to obtain my free DVD and, upon closer examination, it seems Once Upon a Time in America isn't even a part of this promotion. The offer form only lists Giant, The Mission, The Color Purple, The Right Stuff, and Robin Hood.

It seems incredibly dim to me that the ONLY title with this mail-in form attached is the ONLY of the recent WB SE's that is NOT eligible for the offer. WTF! [​IMG]

I don't suppose there's any chance this was an oversight on the part of WB and if I send it in with the POP tab from Once Upon a Time in America I would get my free DVD anyway?

Man, I'm pissed! [​IMG]
  2. streeter

streeter Screenwriter

May 24, 2001
    I bought Robin Hood and noticed the promotion attached as well. This deal is not cool and I'm very disappointed as well, Malcolm.

I already bought The Mission and The Color Purple, but #1, I can't use those receipts (if I even still had them) because you have to buy all 3 DVDs after 6/10/03. #2, if I bought the 3 titles that I didn't have yet, there's no point in sending for a free one because I already have the two others.

This is a really misleading offer. Thankfully, I didn't buy 3 new DVDs at the same time like Malcolm, but it's still a very tricky deal. Also, if there's a sticker on the Once Upon a Time DVD, isn't that title supposed to be a part of the deal as well? - could someone perhaps move this thread to the Studio Feedback folder?