What's new

Wayne Gretzky's Comments (1 Viewer)

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
If USA isnt in the finals of any sports event i always would cheer for canada. To me at least I root for any North American Team. As a hockey fan I expected a lot from canada in the tourney. They havent played well at all. Of course a penalty should have been called on Hamerlik (im even a islander fan saying this :) ) but to say that canadien players(Fleury and Lindros) would get back at hamerlik in the next islander/ranger game is ridiculus. Cross checking happens in the game all the time. The ref missed the call. Get over it.

Capt

Dedrick

Agent
Micheal, do you really believe that is his reponse to what the German coach said. The commentators on NBC (Thorne and Davidson) said that Zach had the whole US team pissed from comments in a press conference but they didn't repeat them. They seemed to be shocked by his comments and I think that is what Brooks was replying to.

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
The German coach made comments that were still hockey based, he didn't insult the U.S.A. as a whole. (Don't you think ESPN (where I got the quote from) would have said otherwise? CBC is also reporting that the comment from Brooks was uncalled for.
Regardless, the originator of this thread has agreed, let's get back to talking Hockey.
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...threadid=49378
Cya there...

Everett A

Agent
Some of you quoted Gretzky as saying "if a Canadian or American player..." but after hearing the speech on radio a few times, I'm pretty sure he just said "If a Canadian player does it" and did NOT include American in that.

I heard Jim Rome (sp?) bashing Gretz on his radio show, and JIm kept quoting Gretz as saying "Canadian or American" but again, that's a misquote.

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Sorry, he said American as well as Canadian. I saw him say it on CBC hundreds of times. :)
Radio can be edited, I saw it live and that's what they replayed...
This is a direct quote...
"If a Canadian did it or an American player, we'd be hooligans."
During the ENTIRE interview he repeated himself with just "Canadian", maybe that's where they got that clip from. ;)
Whatever makes news..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks