What's new

Waydowntown: US DVD Release in March (1 Viewer)

Joshua Lane

Second Unit
http://www.dvdbliss.com/news.asp?TID=2330
http://www.homevision.com/users/fold...1374&id=WAY020

For those familiar with this film, it's FINALLY coming out in the US. I think a Canadian DVD has been available for a short while now.

Waydowntown
Street Date: 3/15/2005
Suggested retail: $24.95
Studio: Home Vision Entertainment
Runtime: 83 min
Video: 1.78:1 aspect
Audio: English

Tom, Sandra, Randy, and Curt have all staked a month’s salary on a bet to see who can stay indoors the longest. It helps that they live and work in a downtown area where virtually all of the buildings are connected by a maze of glassed-in bridges. Why, with all the office towers, shopping malls, and apartment buildings joined, they could stay inside until they retire! That is, if it wasn’t driving them all slightly crazy. Come lunchtime, things start getting really strange, but, by the time it’s over, everyone’s looking at life a little differently.

Special Features
- Behind the scenes footage
- Original theatrical trailer
- Dolby Digital 5.1 soundtrack

Festivals and Awards
- Toronto Film Critics Association Awards: Best Canadian Film (2000)
- Toronto International Film Festival: Best Canadian Feature Film (2000)
- Vancouver International Film Festival: Best Canadian Screenplay; Most Popular Canadian Film; Women in Film Award, Shirley Vercruysse (2000)

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
That's good to hear.
I believe the Canadian DVD is only fullscreen - not surprising with Alliance at the helm.

I enjoyed this film. A solid little independent film with some originality.
Always good to see Don McKellar in films.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Groovy; this is a very entertaining movie. Now, if only the director's next film would get a US release (I missed it at last years Independent Film Festival of Boston)...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks