What's new

International WAY WE WERE/ OLIVER! / GUESS WHO'S COMING TO DINNER?/ TOOTSIE BDs 7.99 Euros (1 Viewer)

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
I just ordered OLIVER! /WAY WE WERE/ CHINA SYNDROME Blu Rays for 7.99 euros each at Amazon.it The is much cheaper than the Amazon.de price of 13 euros.
81X-tB6J13L._SL1500_.jpg
81X-tB6J13L._SL1500_.jpg
The covers for OLIVER and WAY WE WERE are nicer.
I already have GWCTD? and TOOTSIE. They look and sound great and have all the features from previous DVD editions.
It's flabbergasting to me that these wonderful films are available at a low cost without "limited editions". For us in the US we wait for 5 months a pay a premium price for a limited edition, why?
Twilight Time is terrific and I love their releases but I don't understand why Sony ( which I believe is behind this decision) seems to be price gauging the US public.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Ken Koc said:
It's flabbergasting to me that these wonderful films are available at a low cost without "limited editions". For us in the US we wait for 5 months a pay a premium price for a limited edition, why?

Twilight Time is terrific and I love their releases but I don't understand why Sony (which I believe is behind this decision) seems to be price gauging the US public.
We don't know that Sony is "price gauging the US public." For all we know, Sony may be offering these titles to European companies at the same price they are to Twilight Time. Twilight Time have their titles for only three years so they have to make their money back more quickly. That might explain the difference.

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
For just one title, once you figure in the shipping from Italy to the US, it's still cheaper to order it from Germany. 14,66 Euros for OLIVER from Germany as opposed to 17,03 from Italy.

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
Yes you're correct. I work for the airlines and get the Blu Ray on layovers....and was not thinking about the shipping charges.

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
Boy, maybe I'm missing something because I've just watched my German OLIVER! BD and it looks fantastic to me through my set up, Oppo to a Samsung LED HDTV. Or perhaps I'm just using the Universal abortion of SPARTACUS to gauge REALLY dreadful unwatchable transfers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks