What's new

Way too funy... "Dude I'm getting a Mac!" (1 Viewer)

John Kilroy

Stunt Coordinator
I'll check back tomorrow, and I'm sure you guys will have figured out whether the Mac or PC is better. At that point, I'll cut and paste your discovery to the 2.3 billion other forums that are having this exact same debate.

Mark Larson

Supporting Actor
If i had $ 3.5k to plunk down on a notebook, the only one i'd be looking at would be the Powerbook Titanium. Has anyone EVER seen a sexier notebook? And it is powerful too. AND it has everything you could want, including capacity for 1.5 GB RAM (if 'im not mistaken that Apple advertises 1 GB max but it takes more).
There is no notebook to compare with that thing - my only beef is that it has too low a resolution, even now.

Scott H

Supporting Actor
Regarding music production, one might note that Apple recently became the first PC company to be awarded a Grammy:
http://www.apple.com/hotnews/article...3/grammyaward/
Howie Klein
President, Reprise Records
It’s so appropriate that Apple is recognized with a Grammy, as probably every single recording nominated this year was touched by Apple technology.

Scott H

Supporting Actor
It's still worth noting, especially when folks claim that they never encounter Macs in professional audio.:rolleyes
Such is certainly not my experience thoughout the US and in GB.;)
And I dunno... I won an Emmy, and it got me nothin'...:)

Scott H

Supporting Actor
I didn't know this...

Apple won an Emmy Engineering Award for the invention and impact of FireWire (IEEE 1394).

Scott H

Supporting Actor
What you can learn online...
Regarding Macs in architecture. The architectural firm that designed Bill Gates' residential compound was Bohlin Cywinski Jackson, a longtime Mac-based office. Quoting Architosh, where they are a member, "Their Macintosh CAD systems were established back in the 80's and is one of the largest Microstation Mac users when all BCJ offices are added together."
http://www.bcj.com

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks