Waverunner advice

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Joe6pack99, May 26, 2003.

1. Joe6pack99

Joe6pack99 Second Unit

Hey guys so I went jetskiiing today with my buddy and basically decided I want one lol. Give me some ideas on what to look for,best brands,anything else i should know when reaearching them. I am debating if i should go new or used since it will be my first one.

2. Shane Bos

Shane Bos Second Unit

personally when it comes down to recreational vehicles I'm a big fan of Polaris. They usually do require more maintanence though.

3. Van Patton

Van Patton Second Unit

It really depends what you're in the market for. SeaDoo is the best, hands down. Kawasaki makes a good PWC but their design is a little lackluster. Yamaha is the second best company in my opinion. I would veer away from the new Hondas since they have only been in this industry for about 1 year now. I don't know much about Polaris. If you were going with SeaDoo I would get the XP. Smooth as silk not to mention the 130 hp motor that's underneath you. Hold On!! The GTX is nice as well because it is a 3 seater with the same engine as above but you can tow someone behind it very easily.

4. Paul_Fisher

Paul_Fisher Screenwriter

I just saw a billboard for a SeaDoo with 185hp!!![​IMG]

Thats more than my car!!

5. Terry Hansen

Terry Hansen Stunt Coordinator

My friend has a Sea-doo Xp and a Polaris Pro 785. The 785 was a race ready craft and it handled like it. Amazing, but he had a heck of a time getting his wife to ski behind it. It was very hard to ride slowly, the motor was tuned for top end. I also found the XP a lot of fun to ride but it wasn't as fast and didn't handle as well as the Polaris.

I would buy used, the market for PWCs has dropped and there are a lot of sellers. You should be able to find a great deal.

6. Todd Hochard

Todd Hochard Cinematographer

I had a SeaDoo a few years ago, and I've ridden Yamaha, Kawasaki, and Polaris. If I were buying today, I wouldn't consider anything but SeaDoo and Honda. In fact, I'd seriously consider Honda, as I've had fantastic luck with every Honda I've owned, and I like their clean-running 4-stroke engine design.

7. Shawn C

Shawn C Screenwriter

If I was in the market for a PWC today, it would be the Honda Aquatrax. The F12 is like 125hp, the F12X is something like 190HP. Now they have the R12X whis is a new 2-seater model with the same turbo engine as the F12X.

I also like the fact that they are 4-strokes engines and less likely to be banned by the govt (for pollution, anyways..)

8. ken thompson

ken thompson Second Unit

My advice is don't buy one. I did the PWC thing a few years back and it was fun. It definitely gets old and tiresome after a while though. You can expect no more than a year or two of reliable service from them. If you buy used that time has already lapsed. If you have a buddy that is willing to let you ride his/hers. Be happy with that. A PWC will quickly become something taking up valueable garage space that you never use.

9. James E

James E Stunt Coordinator

The cold voice of reason. besides how many DVDs does a PWC cost.[​IMG]

no offense intended, i used to want one, but i could always see myself flipping it backward and bringing it down on my head[​IMG][​IMG]

james