What's new

Wavelength (1 Viewer)

Claude North

Second Unit
When I was in college, I heard many people speaking about a movie called WAVELENGTH, which consists of a single slow zoom shot that lasts approximately 45 minutes. I was never able to get myself to a screening, and I've been itching to see it ever since.

Does anyone know if WAVELENGTH is available on DVD, or even on VHS?

Thanks!

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
Unfortunately not, Claude.

It's a superb piece of avant garde filmmaking.

Shot in 16mm, it isn't actually an unbroken zoom lasting 45 minutes - this would be impossible, as reels of 16mm only last 10 minutes or so. The gaps in between concern a murder...

Michael Snow's experimental films would make a great package in the same vein as the By Brakhage set released recently by Criterion.

Gordy

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Slightly related, what is the name of the short film that consists of a long series of Rube Goldberg devices? You have a bucket of water that falls over, then the water triggers something else to strike a match that sets a fire that... etc. I believe it was German. I also saw it in college and don't remember the name.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks