Wave Race... DPLII???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike__D, Nov 19, 2001.

1. Mike__D

Mike__D Supporting Actor

Under the options menu you can select Surround. Doing so creates a wave that circles the room, and each speaker is highlighted on screen, including right to left surround. Now I don't know if it's just regular surround, but my Onkyo 595 correctly played the right rear wave sound and the left rear wave sound, so maybe they have DPLII in there, but it's nowhere on the packaging...

I can't understand why I read some folks are thinking of returning wave race? Not enough people give it time... it's a very deep racer...

2. Rusty Ray

Rusty Ray Second Unit

yeah i hadnt had a chance to try this on my stereo that does not support dpl 2, but i hear it gives the effect on even regular dpl systems.. it certainly highlights the speakers in a circular motion on the screen....

3. Joshua Moran

Joshua Moran Supporting Actor

I don't have wave race but I did get Rogue Leader it has the same demo just with a Tie flying around the room [​IMG] it also does not have the option for surround only stereo. maybe thats what you meant I don't think this system can tell what receiver it is plugged into.

4. Rusty Ray

Rusty Ray Second Unit

I could have sworn it did on both... it should have the dolby logo instead of just the word stereo or surround... actually i think rogue squadron had the logo and waverace just said 'surround' i could be wrong i was at a friends house and i cant open mine till xmas or i fear the wrath of my wife!!!![​IMG]