What's new

Waterworld: Extended Edition - 11/04 (1 Viewer)

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Waterworld (US - DVD R1) in News > Releases at DVDActive

htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

ChadMcCallum

Second Unit
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
I didn't see this coming. Thank you Universal, thank you very much. I like this movie and I've never the extended cut but I've heard good things about it. I'll get this for sure, and I won't even complain that its not coming to blu-ray and will most likely be barebones.

Charlie O.

Supporting Actor
Really hoping they kept the DTS track from the old release but I guess there's not enough space if both cuts are going to be on one disc.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I remember watching EE on tv many years ago. it was much better. explained more about the girl. I did think it was better.

Jacob

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
I'm a fan, he shamelessly admitted. I've seen the extended cut on the sci-fi channel, I liked it. Only problem was that they cut some of the violence and nudity [gasps], hopefully the dvd extended version won't have those same cuts.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

troy evans

Screenwriter
Well now, this is awesome news. I've never seen the extended cut, but, I like the theatrical cut of the film. The movie has this "feel" to it. I grew up around the water, so I guess I'm biased. This is one of the more original post apocalyptic sci-fi/action movies out there.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I'm really surprised this wasn't more well received. I only saw this twice in the theater, and for whatever reason, never owned the film in ANY format. This will be a guaranteed purchase for me.

Well its about %#$@ time! My first viewing of Waterworld was the superior extended cut, which I loved. When I later saw the theatrical cut, I was disappointed that nearly all of my favorite/most memorable moments were completely missing. This is a definite buy for me.

Unfortunately if the Dune Extended DVD (also released by Universal) is any indication, the censor cuts will still be present. The extended Waterworld was created exclusively for television airings and was re-edited accordingly.

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
Hopefully this won't contain a Digital Copy.
From what I remember I quite enjoyed this film and its premise. So I'll consider this purchased. Also hoping both versions will be seamlessly branched and the second disc full of extras.

troy evans

Screenwriter
The Brotherhood of the Wolf they recently released didn't have a digital copy. It was the directors cut of the film on disc one and a generous amount of bonus content on disc two. Here's hoping that they keep following that model for this release.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone have a list of what was added to the extended edition? (in spoilers)

The only scene I remember was at the end where the woman and girl find the plaque saying the island is Mt.Everest.

Gereon_B

Grip
You can find that list on the IMDB site, under "Alternate Versions".

I really wonder if this release was triggered by the fan edit of the long version that went online a few months ago (so-called "Ulysses Cut").

todd s

Senior HTF Member

On a side note. How high would sea levels rise if all of the ice caps melted? I know its not as high as they show in the movie. ;)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
todd why not wait until the dvd comes out and watch these added scenes?

todd s

Senior HTF Member

Honestly. I am trying to cut back on the amount of dvd's I buy. And I am usually just buying blu-rays.

Southpaw

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
I can't believe Universal won't release this on Blu-ray considering the theatrical version has been on HD DVD since essentially day 1.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Its about F-KIN TIME!!

I have been waiting for this forever. Sawthe TV cut and never looked back. Havent owned this in a long time in anticipation of thsi release.

And Yes I prefer Blu but as long as this has been in the making Ill take what i can get.

Jeffrey Nelson

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey Nelson

The film's merits aside, I don't see how this film could be called original, as it's a little more than slightly reminiscent of THE ROAD WARRIOR, for starters.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks