What's new

Watership Down: Possibly unmatted on DVD? (Not confirmed) (1 Viewer)

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
When is this coming out? And are we sure it's gonna be OAR? What's the souce for the confirmation?

Chad Gregory

Supporting Actor
Release date is March 26th.

My usual source for OAR and 16x9 enhancement is the back cover at Dvdempire, but they don't have it up yet. Which is why I'm looking for the source.

-Chad

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I hope I'm not stepping on any toes by posting this. I mean it; I might be speaking out of turn when I post these things. My "know-it-all" ego-tripping might come bite me in the butt. So I won't "name my sources" until I am sure it's okay to, but I can't leave you guys hanging on this particular thing all night, either...I'll risk it:
WatershipDown.jpg

I hope you can read that; I lost some resolution along the way. I think you can make it out, though. Trust me; it's authentic.
Goodnight,

Chad Gregory

Supporting Actor
David, your stock just continues to rise in my book. :)
Well, dammit. I guess I'm going to have to buy it now. After the way Warner treated Follow That Bird, I had written this title off expecting MAR.
Add it to the list. How about the official specs???
-Chad

Chuck L

Screenwriter
This is one of the many classics that I have looked forward to from WB...I will be there Tuesday in my store first thing!

Chad Gregory

Supporting Actor
The back cover, is the only cover of importance. I don't think that they put aspect ratio and features on the front.

-Chad

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Good news about the specs, David. This is an excellent adaptation of one of my favorite books and I'm excited to get it done right on DVD, especially since it was not a huge success when originally released.
Now if we could only get Wizards, all my 70s non-Disney animation needs will have been met! ;)

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Cover is OK but I wish they would have gone with one of the original pieces of poster art. The silhouette of Bigwig caught in a wire snare was a nice piece of art that would have looked good on this release. The art they have picked makes this movie look like a kiddy movie, when it really isn't.

A definite purchase though. All I need now is for whoever owns the rights to "The Plague Dogs" to get off their duffs and release that one as well.

------------------------------------------------------------

This is an excellent adaptation of one of my favorite books and I'm excited to get it done right on DVD, especially since it was not a huge success when originally released.

------------------------------------------------------------

I thought this movie did quite well, for a non-Disney animated film, on it's initial theatrical run. The one that really bombed was Rosen's adaptation of Richard Adam's "The Plague Dogs". The film was so poorly distributed it was pathetic. The only animated film that might have been distributed even more poorly than "The Plague Dogs" was Nelvana's "Rock and Rule". I'm still waiting to see that one...I can't even find it on video.

GlenH

Stunt Coordinator
Was Watership Down ever released in the theaters? My first recollection of watching this excellent movie was on TV in 4x3 AR when I was about 10 years old.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks