What's new

Watching Tivo without using receiver? (1 Viewer)

MonicaT

Auditioning
After hooking up TIVO to the receiver is it still possible to watch tv without using the receiver? I mean, It is great to watch movies and listen the speakers but for news or something really not "speaker-worhty" I wouldn't like to have to turn it all on...I've used component and optical cable to connect the Tivo box to a Pioneer 1014.:confused:

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Doesn’t the TIVO have an Antenna Out connection? If so, send it to the TV, tune the TV for either channel 3 or 4, and you should get the TIVO signal coming through.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

MonicaT

Auditioning
You're absolutely right. Is just that, before hooking up the receiver I could connect TIvo with component and the image was much better. Using channel 3/4 gives an ok image and the sound is a lot lower. I was wondering if there was any way I could split the signal and use one component to receiver and another one to the tv.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
that sound about right. what kind of tv do you have? does it have an aux video input?

if so, i'd run a video cable (s-video if possible), plus a pair of audio cables from the tivo to the back of the tv. now, when you want to watch (and hear) tivo from the tv, you just have to switch the tv's input.

tivo (via rca/s-video) --> back of tv (aux input)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks